103 Days of Lincoln Cents

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by kookoox10, Jul 29, 2012.

1. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

A little catching up. The only '11 I have a pic of.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

My '12s.

Attached Files:

4. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Apparently no 13's so here's the 14's I have imaged.

Attached Files:

5. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Nice 14-S's are really tough. Yours will do!

1914-S PCGS O.JPG 1914-S PCGS R.JPG

6. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

And you don't have to worry about them browning in the slab! :D

7. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

8. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

lkeigwin
    Have you ever thought of resubmitting that 1914-? That is one tough looking coin for only a 65.

9. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

1914 Matte Proof Lincoln. PCGS PR66BN. My first Matte Proof Lincoln! I had been trying to buy a colorful MPL for 6 months, with no luck, when, in early October 2011, I spotted this PCGS PR66BN Matte Proof being listed on Heritage with a somewhat muted but still colorful photo. After some heated end-of-auction live bidding, where the price of the coin nearly doubled in a bit over 10 seconds, I ended up winning this stunner. A few weeks later, when I got this coin in hand, I was amazed how much it changed color depending on the lighting and viewing angle. When tipped towards the light, this coin simply erupts with shimmering salmon-red, orange-gold, and olive-green color; but what makes this coin special is the flush of fluorescent blue that washes over parts of the coin in a sparkling translucent layer. This just an eye-popping monster.

[​IMG]

10. lkeigwin

Thanks, rlm. It has nice surfaces and few hits. A pretty good strike (shoulder is full) but some details could be crisper.

I think it might earn a plus. Not sure if it would go 66.

I haven't done many regrades. I tried a couple I was sure of and they didn't upgrade. I took a chance and cracked them and got the grades they deserved. It left a bad taste in my mouth, though. I'm too scared to crack RD and RB copper. I got burned once.

WL, love your proofs!
    Lance.

11. robec

robec Junior Member

12. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

Amazing coins !!

Attached Files:

13. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

14. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

15. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

16. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

17. lkeigwin

I love the obverse of the second '15-D but I'm bummed by the fingerprint on the reverse. It was an ebay surprise (bad photos). I let the down-and-out seller off the hook and instead sent it to PCGS for a spot review. I was surprised they refused to change its grade (65RD). Tuition money.

I've shown the colorful '15 before, I'm sure. This was also an ebay surprise, bought raw for a song. I sent it to PCGS and they graded it 65BN (conservative?). Anyway, sometimes ebay luck averages out.

The 64RD '15-S is more handsome in hand but it's downhill for the branches, especially SF, for the next dozen years or so.
    Lance.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

I have been away from my computer and collection for two weeks due to a serious health issue. I'm now home and 100% "well" so with everyones forebearance I would like to catch up with this thread. This is a new way for the Lincoln Lovers to see a huge number of outstanding coins. What a GREAT idea! I'd like to offer each days designated year PLUS a year I missed. So..... 1901-linc-n66rd-cac.jpg 1901 2.jpg 1909 1.jpg 1915-d-p64rd-cac.jpg 1915-s-p64rb-cac.jpg

19. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Welcome back RG, hope all is going good with your health. Beautiful examples you have there, keep em coming!

20. robec

robec Junior Member

21. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted