1000 Posts/End of Studying Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by jaceravone, Sep 26, 2008.

1. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

OK, after posting on another thread, if made me think of what the second prize will be. After seeing how many members also have an interest in the Civil War, I am going to give away two civil war bullets that were found in Chatanooga, Tn when I went down there many years ago. Both bullets are encased in a black box with a glass top. Nothing fancy. I used to collect civil war artifacts years ago, but got out of it so I could focus on coins. These are my last two artifacts that I have from the Civil War... except my coins. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I have a bullet collection lol. I stoped a long time ago but have alot of neet ones, but not the safest things to collect.

4. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Cival War memeroralia , put my name in 10X more please :D:thumb:
    rzage

5. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I am going to start charging for extra entries.... 1 more extra entry for every silver coin received, 5 extra entries for every gold coin received and 10 extra entries for every platinum coin received.

There you go Rusty.... There is hope.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

now you guys know why i apointed him my finance minister. he really is greedy :D

7. rzage

And smart , who else could get platinum for lead ?:thumb::D
    rzage:cool:

8. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

joe,

I gotta be the winner of this one.

Bruce

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

No problems Bruce.... I will PM my address... all types of gold coins accepted. :D

10. rzage

Hey that's cheetin:eat::D
    rzage

PS , don't forget those extra votes

11. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I will take gold coins from you too, Rusty! :thumb:

12. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

you will end up with fool's gold and then you will owe me money out of your pocket :D

13. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

I can't believe that I missed this up to now. please count me in.

14. EgCollector

EgCollector New Member

Count me in, and thanks for the contest.

15. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Count me in, thanks Jace! :D

Phoenix :cool:

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Phoenix:
    Are you feeling okay?
    Why are you acting nice?
    That is not normal for you.

But, normal is in the eyes of the beholder.

17. deadmunny

deadmunny Member

good luck with the exam

18. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

OK gang, this is it... less than 14 hours to go before my exam. I can't wait until this is all over. Here is a part of the story that none of you haven't heard......

Well, it was nearly 2 months ago to the day when I announced to everyone that I was going to be taking this test and was taking two months off from CT to study.... Well, you can see how well that went! I had only received my text book about a week or two before that message. I was thinking that two months should be more than enough time to study for this exam. I was kinda surprised though that our company was making a big deal about this exam and we weren't getting any instructions or guidance about what to study or how to study. Then all of a sudden, we started receiving messages from a guy in our district who is our new Field Engineer/trainer about 1 month ago kindly letting us know that there have been study sessions for this test starting back in March 1st of this year that we have missed. Apparently, the guy he had replaced.... who was responsible for our training and education... was trying very hard to get himself another job and just plain forgot about us. Basically, there were 5 of us that were never on any lists for the exam so nobody in our company knew that we were taking it. Therefore, we were never sent the study materials nor notified on any of the training sessions. This is an exam that only comes around once a year and it usually takes nearly a year to study for..... and a few of us only had 2 months to do it in.

Well, I made it on for the last study session last week, which wasn't really a study session as it was more to go over some tips about taking the test. The test is not graded the usual way a test would be and all results are placed on a curve. The top 66% or so pass and the rest fail. Thats just how it is. I have studied hard and I am expecting to pass, but should I not, I will not fret... there is always next year. The only thing I will be upset about is the time missed with my family because of all the time I spent studying and the fact that I would have to repeat it again.

Anyway.... now you all know the rest of the story. Fortunately, much of my training materials were online, so I had plenty of time to sneak on here often during breaks. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers at this time..... The Good Lord knows I need it.

So there is about 72hrs left for everyone to get their names into the bucket for the prizes which I will draw out on Sunday night. I will find out my results in November, a week before Thanksgiving. If I pass, I may have another contest.... otherwise if I fail it would be required for each one of you to send me a consolatory prize! :D

19. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

Ok count me in. Good Luck. Cheryl

20. rzage

Joe , I'm sure you'll pass , normal people need a year to study , Coin Talkers only need 1 1/2 months 2 tops , my prayers are with you .
    rzage

21. kidromeo

kidromeo I M LEGEND

Best of luck for the exam Joe.
    Your hard labour and commitment will surely bring you success.
    And I agree with Rusty. CTers learn more in less time.
    Give it your best shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted