1000 Post!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Youngcoin, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Hello everyone I would like to share that I have just reached 1000 post! This is a huge milestone for me! Thank you everybody from the modern forum, to the world forum, to the ancients forum, you all have helped me learn so much and grow my collection and skills. I am so happy to have found this forum and love the community and amazing and generous people here. I also am so happy to have 963 likes, That's so many, almost as many as post I have! Again thank you everyone who contributes to this forum.

Thanks,
    Jacob

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    longnine009, alurid, Kentucky and 7 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Not bad, I'm up to 8813 ..

Youngcoin likes this.
  6. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

With that many posts, it shows that you aren't afraid to ask questions, voice your opinion, and have a conversation in an attempt to broaden your knowledge. It also tells me that you aren't butt-hurt when you aren't given an answer you want, like so many new comers to the site. I've found that the members here on CT live and die by the philosophy that the truth may hurt, but it's best to know the truth at any cost.

I personally enjoy your youthful enthusiasm, your quest for knowledge, and you mature posts. IIRC, you're 15 (?), and having teenagers in your age bracket, I can only say your parents have done well.

I hope for my grandkids (of which there are none yet), you're still active when they're old enough, as you will be an encyclopedia of numismatic knowledge by then.

Looking forward to your next 1000 posts, and congrats!

Youngcoin likes this.
  7. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Thank you so much! This is one of the nicest things somebody has said to me, I'm so glad and reassured you are happy with my post! I'm 14 years old and I plan to be on this site as long as possible, and I concur my parents have done well;).

Thanks,
    Jacob

Beefer518 likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Congrats, Jacob. You've been a credit to the forums and your generation.

9. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Wow that's fast.
    Congrats!

10. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I've posted nearly 5K in the last year alone. ;)

I joined in 2007 but only posted 10 or 12 times before wandering off and forgetting to come back. But I finally did, in the late summer/early fall of 2016. So of my 4,962 (now 4,963) posts, about 4,950 of them have been made just since last year. And I'm not even on every day.

I guess I'm just "chatty". :p

I had around 65K posts on Collectors Universe before they messed up changed their software, which drove me over here.

Youngcoin likes this.
  11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Congratulations. Extrapolating out that means you will probably have more than 150,000 posts by the time you are my age! Let's hope you maintain the enthusiasm to reach that. Maybe I need to post more. I'm like LordMarcovan: I joined almost eight years ago but until eight months ago only had about eight posts.

Youngcoin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted