$1000 Bag of Halves

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TexAg, May 23, 2017.

1. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Last Friday I picked up a bag of halves from my source motor bank where I buy my boxed halves. Fortunately, this time I asked if they had any halves brought in by customers. They just happened to have a full bag from their coin machine which the teller said, "it took a long time to fill". I immediately said "I'll buy it!". They had to call their Manager to find out how to sell the bag to me vs. sending it off by courier. Persistence paid off and they were able to debit my account and brought the bag out to me. I decided to weigh it on my digital bath scale since I don't normally spend the up front time to count every coin and verify the total amount. It weighed 49.8 Lbs which is close enough when you figure 2,000 coins x 11.34 grams/coin (assuming clad) x 0.0022 grams/Lb = 49.9 Lb. It took me several evenings to look at every date saving NIFCs and good backup specimens for albums I want to build for my grandkids. But the best part was all the silvers I found!
    • (4) Walkers
    • (1) Ben
    • (8) 1964s
    • (37) 40%ers
    • (7) NIFCs (not pictured) including a 1977-S Proof
    $1000 Bag of Halves.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

4. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

5. onecenter

onecenter Member

Super nice haul!

6. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Definitely worth the effort!!

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

With those kind of results I'd be buying up dime and quarters. Nice find on the '39 Walker - so far I can't seem to find one earlier than '42 - several even recently.

TexAg likes this.
  8. Way to go! Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted