100% Unique Coins

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Sam Stone, Mar 7, 2020.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

When I was in college I had the fancy idea of buying and selling coins for profit.

I invested around $800, lost around $1000, and called it a day. Even if I knew what I was doing, I doubt the potential profits would really be worth the time investment.

Sam Stone likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I kind of suspected that was the case, as your writing is too articulate and shows education, but ya never know for sure. LOL

Sam Stone likes this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I live off the grid in the mountains of Montana to get away from our governments BS, so I know what you mean. I'm truly sorry for your problems and glad you have been able to get through it.

That was really great you were able to do that.

Not a problem. I'm retired and live alone, so enjoy having some adult interaction. We probably should have PMed all of this, but what the heck.
    Have a great rest of the day.

Sam Stone likes this.
  5. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Old, fat, bald, gray, ugly, lazy, and married

I certainly understand and am very sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you've found a career path that is better than you ever dreamed of when you had that experience. I remember the first two, three, four or five times I started college I was usually in as bad a place financialy as I am now and I don't even want to think about about my first day in medical school. Ever. I'm convinced every college campus has an unofficial person with an office down the long, dark hallway nobody ever wants to go down who's sole purpose in life is to teach students how to survive the most distasteful scenario they can think of. Maybe one of them followed you around playing a tape that said "Coin collector, coin collector" over and over. Bottom line, college is a scary time even if your parents are Bill and Melinda Gates. Thank you for sharing your concern, but I know if I don't Iinvest any more than comes in I can and do enjoy learning collecting. It's certainly a much better alternative to sitting in my chair and looking to see if I can find a new pattern in the paint on the wall. Obviously if I found a bank note signed by Julius Caesar I would be elated,and I would happily share the spoils with the guys and gals who have been holding my hand and helping me to understand the difference between a Roosevelt dime and an Eisenhower dollar. I can see where collecting offers more potential reward for folks who can afford to be patient, and I'm somewhere in the middle. I definitely don't agree with some news articles I've read that compares collecting to going to the race track and betting on the first horse with a name starting with the same letter yours does.

I always talk too much, so let me stop here,wish you luck, and recommend a fresh start in collecting if you haven't already. If you stick with this forum, you will find equal parts compassion, empathy, concern, and altruism--all when you need it most. Best wishes, and thanks again for your story.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  6. Sam Stone

Thanks. I was recently without a phone, where I do 95% of my reading and writing and am seeing the new keyboard is making some goobers even worse than intended. After I finish this note I'm going to reinstall the word processor/app I had I really don't need extra help being an idiot. You're one of the good one and I appreciate the time you've given me.

7. Sam Stone

If you're living alone, I can't think of a greater group of guys and ladies to spend time with than in this forum. I envy you for being off the grid. I looked into it once and was even willing to put my old crippled body to task for it. Then they started talking in such technical terms as DC and AC and I knew right away if I couldn't spell it I couldn't do it

Thanks again. I have enjoyed the conversation, and to all a good night

hotwheelsearl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted