WTB: + $100 REWARD leading to purchase of 1822 Capped Bust Dime

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by 1916D10C, Dec 20, 2018.

1. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

I have been attempting to locate an 1822 Capped Bust Dime for several years. I almost acquired one recently, but thanks to a fraudulent eBay seller with poor ethics and manners, the deal fell through. I would like it certified, but I'm not buying plastic, ie, I have a specific appearance I want it to have as well. Here are my specifications:

1. AG3-G6 Coin. I'm also interested in VG08 examples, but it may take a bit more saving and likely will cost me moon money. (One in the above range likely already will) My target grade is G4, but I'm willing to go down to a 3 if the coin possesses superior eye appeal.

2. Circulated Cameo appearance or dark Silver grey tone. I will NOT buy a coin that has been cleaned or washed-out, regardless if a TPG deems it to be "market acceptable".

3. No Scratches, no digs or rim dings.

4. Full, bold, last two digits in the date (22) I will NOT buy a coin with the 22 merging with the rim.

If you have one that meets the above specifications, and would like to sell, let me know, I'm willing to pay strong. Anybody that leads me to an example which I purchase, I will give you $100 for the tip.

So please, please, keep your eye out for one, especially those of you that attend shows, scour the internet, and/or know dealers. (I currently have my sights on eBay)

If you would like my phone number so you can contact me immediately on the bourse floor when or if you see one, PM me.

Here is what an ideal example would look like, and I would pay $2K no questions asked for something of this quality. (Credit given to Stman at the PCGS forums, this one belongs to him)

oj2led28noej.jpg klwqo7rcjtd1.jpg
    tuc0c12s6lkm.jpg

Thanks.

John

P.S. I am aware of the PCGS G06 CAC example listed by Gerry Fortin, which I previously saw sell on Heritage in August. I did not bid on it. This is an example of a coin I will not and can not buy, regardless of the plastic or CAC sticker. The aforementioned coin has crisscross scratches on the obverse and a weak date, unacceptable to me.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    NSP, lordmarcovan and C-B-D like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Is a Denver mint example OK?

1822 dime.png

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)

Seriously though, good luck in your quest. Hope you find a sweet CircCam!

*coins, ddddd, dwhiz and 1 other person like this.