$100 dollar bill from 1985 fold misprint?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mvsecc, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Mvsecc

Mvsecc New Member

My grandmother has been holding on to the one hundred dollar bill from 1985 that is misprinted from a fold over in the front and actually is longer than a normal bill. The back isn't misprinted at all and I haven't seen anyone ever mention anything like this before. How much do you think it's worth???

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

Pictures please

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

5. Mvsecc

Mvsecc New Member

Can someone let me email them the photo? I'm posting from my iPhone and can't upload picture from my phone. I can email it to some to do it for me though.... That would be a huge help!!! My email is mvsecchiaroli@gmail.com

6. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

I don't know anything about currency, but I wouldn't recommend putting your email in a public forum. Everyone who comes to this site can see it.

7. Mvsecc

Mvsecc New Member

Yeah I don't care who has it, and I can take care of myself so I'm not too worried about it.

8. ikandiggit

It's the bots and spiders that you should be worried about.:yes:

9. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

It's not actual people one should worry about, it's bots to start bombarding one with spam. That's the reason to not put your email address out there like this, it's considered a legitimate email that someone answers.

10. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Expect a lot of Nigerian emails saying you inherited 3 million dollars, just send your bank info to wire the money. ;)

11. Mvsecc

Mvsecc New Member

Ha ha, that would suck

12. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

K I emailed you. Send em to me quick I got an appt. in 45 mins.... Edit: no email yet so PM me when/if you send pics for me to post.

13. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Pics for OP:

heres what he sent. looks like a gutter fold. Nice!

Attached Files:

14. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

I've had something of that sort happen on craigslist, they sent me not one, but two fake Wells Fargo money orders for $945 from California and asked if when I get it, I take my cut ($70) and send the rest to London, England, but nothing matched up, Name in return address the money order came in, name (Momcapekins) on the money order and name to send to all were different. Plus it came from california with a money order made out in alaska 2 months before I ever had contact. The police found it awfully funny that somebody would be dumb enough to make it like that, but then said this really happens to people. Somebody fell for that nigerian scam you mentioned a month earlier and wired 2k to somebody, went to the police, and was asked if he ever entered a 'sweepstakes' that he supposedly won, and he answered "No" and the cops had to laugh.
    I still have the money orders framed, I asked the cops if I could keep them, they said yes as long as I don't try to cash them and end up getting arrested. So I keep them in my wallet, so if somebody mugs me they can find it, try to cash it, and get arrested. Smart thinking on my half, I think ;)

15. ikandiggit

?[​IMG]

How big is your wallet?

16. ikandiggit

There's one in the Heritage archives. Considering the condition your's is in, I would say it's value is about $150- $175. This is what I would be comfortable paying if I came across one at a show. Higher denomination error notes are a tough sell unless they are in pristine condition.

http://currency.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=426&lotNo=17458

Draft saved Draft deleted