100 Bill, holograph on left and not upside down

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by kevin karson, May 17, 2015.

1. kevin karson

kevin karson New Member

I have a 96 $100 bill with Franklin halograph on left side. It's not upside down, has the thread with 100 printed on it, has color shift on 100 in LR corner.
    I haven't been able to find anything on it. Nothing. Have found info on others with ghost where upside down.
    Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lettow

lettow Senior Member

What's a halograph?

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The same thing as a holograph.

Chris

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

o_O? Do you mean the Watermark?

6. lettow

lettow Senior Member

Ok, I will bite. What is a holograph and where would I find one one a 100.00 bill?

7. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Have to post photos!

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I believe the OP is referring to the watermark of Franklin, but I could be wrong. I can't afford to carry around hundreds on Social Security.

Chris

9. kevin karson

kevin karson New Member

I spelled it wrong I guess, holograph. I don't know what its called, watermark maybe. The ghost image. I'm sure you all knew what I meant, you're the coin geniuses, not me. I know nothing about currency terminology.
    I came on this site to ask for someones input more knowledgeable than myself, not really to get picked on for my ignorance. Has anyone ever heard of such a misprint/error?

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sounds to me like you have a normal 1999 $100.00 Bill. The Watermark is placed correctly.

11. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Let's say you were sitting around with your buddies and telling them the same thing you told us. What would most likely be their first statement to you? "Let's see the hundie." So, as your coin buddies we want to see what you are talking about. I assure you no one is picking on you. These guys are coin junkies and want to see what you see. Well not that, but, the hundred. So post a pic and you will get an answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted