100,000 Signed Adolf Hitler German Mark Bill

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by fernidad, Jan 29, 2012.

1. fernidad

fernidad New Member

Hi Everybody!

Long story short I now have my fathers coin collection he gave me, it includes many old canadian 50 cent bills and 2 dollar bills from an old english king and alot of coins and junk which is interesting but, I am in particularly interested in this $100,000 German Mark Bill signed by Adolf Hitler that I need your help with... Here is some background information.

The $100,000 German Mark is from Adolf Hitler who sent it to his pen-pal in canada during probably the 30's that came with Adolf Hitler's birth and adoption paperwork as well as his parents papers which I no longer have anymore. (Police Confiscated/Canadian Bank Trust) But how much is a $100,000 German Mark Bill worth from Hitler?

Does anybone have an estimate what its worth signed by Adolf Hitler on the lower right front they say with a 666 serial number? I checked Ebay and the bill alone is only worth about $10.

bill1.jpg bill1-2.jpg

Thanks!

King F.F. Prussia

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Herman would know the value........

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I don't see it. I see what looks like a couple of stray ink marks.

5. fernidad

fernidad New Member

Yes. It appears as if it's only the first name that looks like a 'Z'. Below is Adolf Hitler's signature courtesy of Wikipedia.

183px-Hitler_Signature2_svg.png

6. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Well you say its Hitler, someone else could say its Louis Armstrong. Without some kind of proof or paperwork, you both would be wrong.

7. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

With something like this, you need documentation and then verification. IMO someone took advantage of the 666# and what better name to associate with it. It smells of a con job.

8. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

th_387495.jpg i got some nice land you can buy here in florida with that note giddyap.jpg

9. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

First off let's give you some reality relating to Wikipedia. While some enjoy the information contained on their pages, it is all submitted by whoever wishes to submit stuff to Wikipedia and and there is no way of knowing that the image in your above post is a genuine signature of Adolf HItler.

Secondly, there were a large number of alleged Adolf Hitler signed Deutschmarks reproduced and sold as novelties, although I would not begin to fathom why anyone would want something like that, and some were even used to scam people into thinking they were authentic and signed by Hitler himself.

Here is one other image of Hitler's alleged signature found through a google search:

300px-Signatur_Adolf_Hitler.svg.png

Who's to say it's really his?

Without authentication from an expert who would know what to look for in his signature, you have nothing really and no value.

I question to authenticity of that note, setting his signature aside and not withstanding, as it doesn't look like something from that period.

Besides which, I see no signature on that note that is remotely close to Hitler's signature, either the one you posted an image of nor the I submitted.

Also, that particular note was released in 1923 in Germany, and Hitler wasn't in power then. His appointment as Chancellor was in 1932.

10. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Are you talking about the squiggle on the right side of the first picture? I don't think it is anything but the only way to be sure is to have it authenticated by an expert. If it turns out that it is real then i'm sure it would be worth a good bit to the right collector, although I doubt you will find that person here but rather in a WWII forum or something like that.

11. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Indiana Jones' signature would be worth more.

[​IMG]

:)

12. green18

[video=youtube;K08akOt2kuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo[/video]

13. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

Funny you use him as an example. I actually have Louis Armstrong's autograph. :D

14. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

[video=youtube_share;EpvqtsqZjHU]http://youtu.be/EpvqtsqZjHU[/video]

15. green18

Heck dang, you can keep his autograph. I've got his music.........:)

16. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Draft saved Draft deleted