10 Pennies Worth Over $100

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Silver Searcher, Oct 13, 2016.

1. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, or what it has to do with the OP. Is he now posting videos about such a "fantastic" coin or....?

That said, a 58-D steel cent makes absolutely no sense, at least as an accidental error, but even as one (as with many others out there) that have had "help". There's a very significant 58 DDO (another "helped" coin iirc), but they're not steel. Perhaps you can share with the board where you've heard about this?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hey Books! More than 10 years ago, I started using terms like "FleaBay" and "SleazeBay". Now, I've got a new one to add to the list........."ScrewTube".

Chris

4. BooksB4Coins

Oh, you wordsmith... I love it!

Now, just think if (when?) word gets out among screwtubers that the forum can be used to promote their videos and channels. Just think of how fun it'd be to have page after page after page of crap videos to sort through, day in and day out, no questions, no discussion, all just pleading for subscribers. Hey, if lucky perhaps a couple of useful ones will get thrown into the mix, and better yet, you won't have to bother telling people their roadkill is roadkill anymore when they can just watch a video, be misinformed, and continue thinking it gem before off to eBay it goes! Glory days may be ahead, my friend... ;)

5. cpm9ball

Yeah, and it won't do any good to complain to the mods about it. I already tried, and I was publicly chastised for it.

Chris

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

dog on net.jpg

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

No you weren't Chris. You were told that what the poster was doing that you were complaining about was not against the forum rules. And you were reminded that sometimes certain comments made by members of the forum "could be" against the forum rules.

But you are right about one thing, it won't do any good to complain to the mods about these videos being posted. But then that's only because they do not break the rules. They are not self promotion as self promotion is defined in the rules. But I can understand anyone not understanding the rules correctly.

Let me ask you a question Chris, and you too Books, and anybody else who has complained about this poster's videos. If these videos were explaining die clashes, or luster, or how to identify varieties or errors - would you be complaining about them ? Or claiming they were self promotion ?

No, I think not. You'd all probably be begging him to post more such videos !

You see, that's the problem. The only reason any of you are complaining about these videos is because you don't like the content in them, in your opinion you don't see anything "useful" in the videos. Well, what you, any of you, like or don't like, or what you deem useful or not useful - DOES NOT define what people can or cannot post here on the forum. This poster has as much right to post his videos as anybody else does.

8. cpm9ball

@BooksB4Coins

I wasn't? When I spoke to you about this, privately, you chose to reprimand me publicly after I contacted you. I can only assume that was to make a public example of me in front of the others. You didn't mention anyone else in that post.

Books made a very valid point when he said that allowing such actions will only attract other, less scrupulous, people to take advantage of videos to do what they please. I hope you have fun policing them by yourself because all you're doing is alienating those who try to make the forums safer.

Chris

9. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Sometimes this is what you get for using the inDerrrrrrnet

10. GDJMSP

You're right, but then that's because YOU made the post that you were chastised for, not somebody else !

And in case you don't remember Chris - here's a link.
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/penny-jackpot-50-indian-heads-one-roll.284895/#post-2538964

That link takes you to post #9 in that thread, a post made by you. My comments, posted as an edit in your post #9, were referring to the comment made by you in post #5 of the same thread. And it was what you said in post #5 that you were being chastised for. Anyone who looks can see what post #5 says now. But if you don't remember what was edited out of your post #5, I'll post it here for you, and everybody else to see.

This is what it looks like now -

edited That's why everyone should put him on "Ignore".

Chris

Any further comments like that - from anyone - will have consequences.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday at 1:00 PM

This is what it looked like before I edited it.

• He's nothing but a POS. That's why everyone should put him on "Ignore".

Chris

The chastisement, the slapping of your hands was well deserved Chris. Why ? Because comments like that are a direct violation of the forum rules.

Still want to complain Chris or claim you were treated unfairly ? Good luck with that.

Edit - as for the Before and After issue that you mentioned. What you are claiming isn't how it happened.

Yes, you sent me the PM in the morning.

upload_2016-10-15_12-30-10.png

Bit I didn't even read it, or respond to it, until AFTER I had made the edits in your posts in the thread I linked above.

upload_2016-10-15_12-31-39.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I think the kid just ticked off a lot of folks with his actions and he did not care. Looks like he is within the rules.

12. cpm9ball

Unfortunately, I'm the one who is at a disadvantage because you have the ability to edit or delete remarks as you see fit. I don't, and I don't have any way to go back to the original, untouched and unedited comments to prove or disprove a point. If you're holding a glass half-full of water, how am I expected to prove it was full?

Like I said in my last post, have fun policing the forums. I sure don't plan to help.

Chris

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Dang, @GDJMSP , took that kinda personal and to the extreme, didn't ya? Mods should be above all the drama, publically, anyway. We're the only ones allowed to act offended. Also, by reposting that offensive abbreviation, did you just break your own forum rules?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  14. Willy-Wampum

Willy-Wampum New Member

Wow.. you guys are great at discouraging young,enthusiastic collectors.. I didnt realize you had to be old and grumpy to collect coins... or be taken seriously here on CT...

15. GDJMSP

No, you don't have any way to revert to the original post Chris, but I do, and in fact did to prove the point that you were not chastised because of your reporting this poster, but because of your own comments - and only because you were complaining about it so loudly, and often.

No, it's not personal for me, I think you know me better than that. But it became necessary to make it public because of Chris's repeated claims - just to set the record straight.

16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Okie doke.

17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I have seen many of his videos on YT. ( same SN).
    While he is not breaking the rules, I don't watch them here.
    They really don't belong here. Generally I prefer to read posts/ look at photos. But
    I would watch a video from members that contain fascinating subject matter,
    information that was new to me, or general education.

18. BooksB4Coins

Has it crossed your mind that discouraging enthusiastic collectors in general is the main reason for our dissatisfaction?

Perhaps, sir, if you actually watch some of his videos and have even the most basic knowledge of the subject matter, you'll understand the objections, but what fun would that be, right? It's easier to pretend to be the bigger young man while making ill informed assumptions and baseless accusations, no less with your very first post to the board.

Welcome, sir... you'll fit in perfectly.

19. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

20. Willy-Wampum

Willy-Wampum New Member

Boy O Boy, What a welcome!!!

21. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Welcome to the fun. Hang out here a while and you will understand that being old and grumpy has nothing to do with it. Folks get taken seriously here when they don't act like an idiot. When you post stuff just to tick others off is where you will start having problems. The OP is only posting because he enjoys ticking folks off.

Draft saved Draft deleted