10 Pennies Worth Over $100

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Silver Searcher, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

dude, seriously, stop posting these

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Honestly, do you ever post anything worth watching...or reading?

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Let me make something perfectly clear - the OP posting these YouTube videos IS NOT against the forum rules, not in any way, shape or form.

For those of you who don't like them, you don't have to watch them - nobody is making you watch them. You don't even have to open the threads. And you have the choice, and the ability, to not even see the OP's posts and threads - all you have to do is add him to your ignore list.

The OP has much as much right to post his videos as any other member has to make his or her own posts.

6. Kentucky

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Evelyn Beatrice Hall

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  7. Kentucky

If I'm going to criticize, I should at least look at your product. You are not 35, or something is wrong with your testosterone level, at least estimating from your voice. Fess up to your true age. Perhaps posting pictures from some price guide while you read the words might help some who haven't learned to read yet, however I doubt they have started collecting coins. Otherwise, this might appeal somewhat to very young, beginning coin collectors, few of which you will find on here.

8. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

9. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Too late - it has already been made along time ago!
    [​IMG]

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Crap... Nothing but utter crap as always.

Hey, guys! Did you know that there was a "VBD", which was "added later" to the "1909 wheat pennies" that can make them more valuable? If not, its "located under the date" for those of you who didn't know this. This kind gentleman even uses his pointer to show us the location under the date where we'll find it. Oy! Oh, and that S mintmarks are "one of the more valuable mintmarks" to be found on 1909 cents; who knew?? Did you also know all the older Indian Head "pennies", those before 1875, can be very valuable ("the further you go back from there" the more valuable apparently) while those after 1875 "they're ALL worth around $1-$2 each"? Great stuff!

A particularly nice touch, IMO, was his refusal to even plug the very forum he bombards with his self-promoting videos (instead simply suggesting a "coin identifying website"). A class act, all the way... Why bother to continue trying to educate people about this hobby when the very forum used to do so allows crap like this to stand?

Oh, and if you don't want to watch this, ahem, "educational" video for yourself, just go to cointrackers since all he's doing is poorly rehashing their already poor information.

11. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

12. Markus1959

I just wonder, Books ,who was the actual Mod that realized this kid was self promoting! ?

13. Markus1959

TypeCoin971793
    So we should now call you "Thumper" ? OK Thumper - you got it!

14. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Tell that to someone who may see this posted to a coin forum, watch, and think he actually knows what he's talking about.... Perhaps, after endlessly searching for the "VBD" under the date, or thinking every dealer is trying to screw them by asking more than $2 for a 77 IHC, they'll appreciate it.

Seriously though, I would argue that countering such nonsense, even in a rather to the point and harsh manner, is infinitely more "nice" than what he, if even one person takes his advice to heart, is doing to this hobby. It is completely unnecessary and, if he cared about anything other than promoting himself, easily avoidable as well. Spending the few necessary minutes to verify his assumptions before airing them would've been a win-win for everyone, including (and especially) himself.

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Hey that reminds me: I need to get my BVDs out of the drier.

Exskywarrior and Kentucky like this.
  16. TypeCoin971793

It was not directed at you.

17. Markus1959

And is what directed at who? When in reality it should NOT have been directed at anybody! College kids should learn - NOT spew! Sorry!

18. Kentucky

You actually think he is a college kid???

19. TypeCoin971793

I knew I would open a can or worms if I replied to tis thread. Maybe I don't like to say negative things about other people's work, even if it is complete crap. I prefer to hold my tongue. I apologize if this is below your brash standard.

And because I am in college that makes you right and me wrong about everything, and I should take everything you say as law? I don't think so; I am entitled to opinions as well, and I am not always wrong as your stereotyped vision seems to think of me.

20. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

That was ny nickname for my girlfriend in high school (now my wife). "Thumper".

silentnviolent likes this.
  21. newmizmatic

newmizmatic New Member

Ok folks, question; what's the deal about this 1958D Steel Wheatie people have been talking about? Is it valuable?

Draft saved Draft deleted