$1 star note errors, worth?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Katelin, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Katelin

Katelin New Member

F7099A9A-06EF-4D6A-98E4-DE55A21AE616.png Anyone know what this could be worth or how to find more info?

2013 star note. It’s misprinted, and looks like an ink error also. You can see on the back also where the ink possible bled through. I have attached information. Thank you for any help. E850D84D-4A76-48A8-8EF5-D5EF00CA2A27.jpeg E33CEEDB-7A61-4890-A15C-129C2880CC36.jpeg E4ACECC2-8F07-48B6-BF93-85D52296EDE3.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

This is a fairly minor error. However there are plenty of star note error collectors out there. You may be able to get $20-30 for it. Condition is not very desirable. Not a misprint, more like a cutting problem.

4. Katelin

Katelin New Member

Thank you for the reply. It looks like an issue with the ink as well. I didn’t know if that would add any value?

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I think $20-$30 is way over priced considering the condition, and that the margin doesn't reach the next note. It's worth $1 to me.
    I don't know what ink you are mentioning, it looks like it has been through the washing machine.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Condition holds the value down on this note, that and being very poorly centered during the cutting process. If you like it, keep it.

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Cutting errors, where the note is cut short on the boarders is what i
    Would consider minor plus the fact that condition isnt the best
    Bring value down allot, i have a few error notes this one is in
    Pretty close gem condition and has a value of about $150 to
    Give you a comparison.

[​IMG]

8. mpcusa

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm not convinced this is a cutting error. I don't ever recall seeing a cutting error cut on a curve. Maybe it just looks that way due to the damage. Not misprinted. The bill is too damaged to be of real value. I'd place the value around $5.00 tops.

Welcome to CT.

10. mpcusa

A strange thing about the OP,S bill is the fact that its not an even cut
    Front to back, more of the boarder is visible on the back side.

Draft saved Draft deleted