$1 paper error. Can see back of bill without holding it up to the light.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Rastahovy, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Rastahovy

Rastahovy New Member

I had came across this dollar bill and it seemed way different. I thought it was counterfeit but I don't want to just get rid of it. I can see the back side of the bill without holding it to the light. It has a blueish border on the back side. Appears to have more ink maybe like a double stamp it feels heavy but yeah some one please tell me if I found something good! Thank you input is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rastahovy

Rastahovy New Member

Another photo of being able to see the blueish border. It's like you can see the front thru the back without holding it up to any light

Attached Files:

4. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

You can always see that though.

5. Rastahovy

Rastahovy New Member

Ur dumb ( EDITED: LANGUAGE READ THE RULES on abbreviations, symbols, acronymns you cant. Its heavier than a normal dollar too it's an error

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
  6. Shrews1994

It's a normal dollar. Look it up. Bet you can't find nothing on it. Try looking something up before asking on here and get a simple answer and then you get mad. So why ask and then turn around argue the fact that it's nothing????

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
    Merc Hunter likes this.
  7. Shrews1994

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

You're being very rude and you don't deserve an answer. @Shrews1994 You're right here imo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2019
    Shrews1994 likes this.
  9. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

No, you're not. That note had a bit too much ink and you can see it bleeding a bit, but it's not uncommon to be able to see the face features when looking at the back.

10. Shrews1994

Thank you. Asking a question and and getting a true answer.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Stay within the rules all! It does seem to be ink problem, but well in specs from what I can tell. Just for interest what did it weigh in grams compared to a similar condition bill?

Jim

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  12. Shrews1994

I have some too. You can see some of the back and front. It's nothing. CM190217-212513009.jpg CM190217-212500008.jpg CM190217-211933006.jpg

13. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

He just can't handle the truth. Probably we gonna see his "$1 paper error" on ebay for sale. Probably worth $2000. What do you think?

Shrews1994 likes this.
  14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

15. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Very often you can see the other side. Sometimes it is because of a very light offset ink transfer and it's not the other side at all. Heavy offset ink transfers have values as errors.

16. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

There are offset transfer errors where the plates touch without paper between them which in turn will transfer ink from one side to the other and will be printed onto the next sheet. Usually the first sheet that prints after the skip is the only one with a noticeable value as the printing will be a near perfect over print.

Then there are transfer errors where the ink hadn't fully dried when the sheets are stacked. These errors appear to be a light ink transfer and are quite common. This is what you see on this bill. Little to no premium.

17. Rastahovy

Rastahovy New Member

You sound like a hater tho. Fact is I found the error as light as it is!! Yall just jealous and an amateur has better eyes than most of yall.

18. Rastahovy

Rastahovy New Member

19. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Dude, you have issues far greater than that bill.

20. Rastahovy

Rastahovy New Member

It's actually a ghosting error as well. Lol it's worth more that 1$ try $34 edited

21. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

They don't counterfeit $1.00 Bills

Yes I am jealous also.. I wish that $1.00 was mine!

edited

Legomaster1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted