$1 one black and one green serial number

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Gravediggerga, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Gravediggerga

Gravediggerga New Member

Dollar bill with one black and one green serial number can't find any information on it what do I have here?!?

Thanks in advance IMG_20220220_215451339_1645412463774.jpg IMG_20220220_215505431_1645412436430.jpg IMG_20220220_215026115_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Very interesting,might be some kind of inking error(@SteveInTampa).

1stSgt22 likes this.
  4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

wow.gif Nice find!

1stSgt22 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Seems that there were others that occurred.
    Here is one that sold on ebay. Same 2017 A series
    BG.JPG

6. paddyman98

And someone over at Coin Community forum posted the same $1.00 bill you have shown.. is it you?
    cc.JPG

Inspector43, 1stSgt22 and JPD3 like this.
  7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I’ve seen this inking error before, but it fairly rare. It’s typically attributed to a contaminated ink fountain.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I've not seen anything like that previously, so would say what Steve said, an error in the inking, but then you would expect to find many more in circulation as at least the entire sheet would receive that same inking. Maybe people just haven't noticed, as they seldom bother to even glance any any details when handling money.

JPD3 likes this.
  9. lettow

lettow Senior Member

If I am doing the math right, the sheets that these two notes came from were 243 apart from each other when printed.

10. paddyman98

@Gravediggerga
    Are you still here? Where did you get the $1.00 bill in question from? Are you Christine from the other forum? o_O

11. Pennybaby75

Pennybaby75 Active Member

I just got a $10 black ink? Is it rare? 20220302_182055.jpg

JPD3 likes this.
  12. paddyman98

The serial number looks like a very dark green to me.
    Probably fresh ink.

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  13. Ghost man

Ghost man New Member

14. Ghost man

Ghost man New Member

I have a similar black and green serial number $1 bill. Currently having it graded at PMG. Have searched thousands of bills and this is a first. I believe they are very rare. At the very least it is a mismatched serial number. Have no idea of what it is worth. A lot will depend on the grade. Hope someone will "chime in" with some additional information. Let me know if you have any additional info. Thanks Paul

15. Matty B.

Matty B. New Member

My eyes are playing tricks on me. I have no idea if it is black or green. Maybe try to see under a magnifying glass and a flashlight.

16. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

I have a $ bill same series only my serial number is much higher F 01974382 C

17. I have one also thought it was counterfeit at first but was smart enough to do a quick Google and found you guys thanks. Mine is F01939825C

Draft saved Draft deleted