1 Dollar Error Note Help !

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tonedcoins, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I remember that thread and I believe that the note had a teller stamp on it and was not an error. Best method to be sure is to look at the ink under magnification and see if it matches with the rest of the note.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

I already explained that that's exactly what happened. Thank you for your input.

4. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

They won't get ripped off if they consider it a "error". I said some people do consider these "minor errors" considering that they are extremely common. If you chose to get a "strap" of bills and sell them, that is up to you buddy. You do as you please. These minor errors sell on ebay for about an extra buck all day. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2009-H-Dist-BEP-Pack-SUPER-ORLOFF-INTAGLIO-SOI-w-Minor-Error-Ink-Smears-/130596483531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e682831cb

And I did check out your bills and I am not trying to put you down with my opinion but I think they are "minor errors".

5. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

That was my first post on this site and I must admit I did have some minor error notes on there, but those aren't what I was interested in having you check out. I was specifcally interested in the $100, because I have seen it in an error book before with extreme value. No one in that thread ever helped me figure it out. Are you telling me that if that strike on the $100 is in fact a genuine BEP error, it is minor? No way. Even I, not one for knowing much on errors, can figure out that a $100 like that would have high premiums and that it would be called just an error, not a "minor error". So thats okay if you've never seen or heard of that specific $100 error, just say so. I know what I saw in my friends book.

Reguarding the other subject:
    I don't think its right that people may be tricked into paying a penny over face value for something that is commonly found in circulation. That'd sort of be like selling a PMD coin, if you know what that is. You see people in the Coin side of the forum complaing all the time about eBay scam artists selling bogus coins. The same rules apply to the Currency trade. Still, if people are dumb enough to buy something without doing any research to find out the true rareness of something, happy selling.:dead-horse:I hope you make a part-time job out of buying straps and selling these "minor errors" because thats what I'm planning on doing-thanks for the tip.

6. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

I am one of those who are against those people. You obviously don't know what kind of person I am and how I conduct business and treat others, but that's ok with me. Read carefully son. I do NOT buy straps to resell (don't know where you got that from). If my opinion bothered you and you think I know nothing, simply do NOT ask. I don't need a "par-time" and if I did chose to have one, I will do "as I please" no matter what you say or how much it hurts you.

This is a coin forum. If been criticized for your question and can't handle an opinion from another, then I think you are in the wrong place my friend. No need to reply any further. Let it die and go somewhere else. But please read what others type before you go flipping on them accusing them of any wrong doing.

Have a great day.
    Rigo

7. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Woah slow down! You are sounding extrmely tense. I'm just trying to have an interesting conversation here but if your going to get all upset and uptight over nothing just forget I ever said a word to you. And this will be my last reply, since you have asked me to stop replying, I just don't want you to end the conversation thinking I'm a bad person. I'm simply explaining that these are common notes and that people could get ripped off in purchasing them. Thats all. I think you are taking my replies wrong and you need to not call me "son" because you don't know me or who I am just as I don't know anything about you and I'm not calling you any names. Name calling isn't neccessary. Don't you think we can all be a little more mature than that? You sound like one of those gangsters standing at the corner yelling OH YEEEAAHH WHAT NOW SON?! I get highly offended by comments like these. I'm not your son, pal. Once again, I think I messed up by not using any smilies to show my smartness in making replies, but I'm not going to make an attempt to say sorry about it because you sound like your pretty upset about whatever I did to tick you off. Just please don't call me "son" and I won't make any more replies to this thread and it will die off as you wish. You really should calm down and allow me the chance to explain myself before just exploding as you did.

You have a great day too, "pops".:)

-Trav

8. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

lol, I didn't even know expressions can be seen on a forum. So kids, I will keep this fake error note and enjoy it every time I see it to learn more about it.

9. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Ya know, I said I wouldn't make any more replies to this thread about this specific issue; but I'm finding it harder and harder to not reply when your making 5 year old comments like these. Grow up man. I must admit, I have gotten into many arguments with people on here because of my personality. I am used to having real world, face-to-face conversations where people can see the expressions on my face and realize that I am joking or being smart or what have you and not being so literal. I usually end up apologizing for my ignorance and everything turns out okay here on CoinTalk because I really don't mean to be a jerk on here and I really do respect this site and every individual revolving around, including you and your opinions, even though I fully disagree. But with you, theres just no compromising. Theres no fixing up the issue and making friends out of it like grown adults. All there is, is making smart comments back and forth at each other. And thats fine by me. Just don't expect me to go away from a conversation when its going like this because thats not me and I'm assuming it isn't you either. I will admit, my comments may have seemed a bit outrageous, without the use of smiley faces ect to explain "e-expressions".:yes:Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but how did you not know we can show expressions? Have you ever heard of any of these?
    :p:D:hail::devil:

Ring a bell, pops? You called me son so I think I'll refer to you as pops.:D Sound good?

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

That will be enough "children" - and yes that means both of you !

Draft saved Draft deleted