1 dollar bill error?????

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Michele Davis, Sep 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Michele Davis

Michele Davis Member

I need help with this 1 dollar bill I received in change yesterday. It even feels strange when tested with a counterfeiters pen it passes but it's just weird.

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Appears to have Post-BEP trauma, with signs of mechanical and possibly chemical abuse. It’s seen better days.

capthank and Magnus87 like this.
  4. Steve Shupe

Steve Shupe Active Member

It looks like it was folded and in a pocket and went through the wash to me. Post Printing damage.

capthank likes this.
  5. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Appears to have been exposed to some chemical that washed over the note after it left the BEP. It might be solvent stain from when it was printed, but I suspect PMD.

capthank and Magnus87 like this.
  6. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

It appears to have gotten wet and or sweat might have done it. It does appear to be PMD in my opinion

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's been through the wash and that changed the look and feel of it.
    Spend it.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Except for the post BEP damage, it's normal.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Because it is only a dollar, you may wish to hang onto it, but like the others here, I believe it is just damage after it left the BEP, but interesting just the same.

10. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

As others said, it is just damaged. (There does appear to be a little insignificant bleed of black ink from bill under it onto the reverse of your bill. No added value for that.) However, a bit of advice. You mentioned testing it with a "counterfeiters pen." If you ever suspect any bill might have any collector's value, never mark on it with anything, even a "clear" pen. No harm done to this already damaged bill, but if it had, in fact, been a mint error, marking on it with anything would only lower the value significantly.

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Wash a pair of Blue Jeans in hot water for very long cycles.. About 12 times.. See the difference in appearance and texture (feel) then.

Draft saved Draft deleted