$1 bill - misprint?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Tina Marie Chavez, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Tina Marie Chavez

Tina Marie Chavez New Member

I have sequence $1 bills I have about 20 of them the serial number in the upper right an left bottom serial number the number 4 is like a misprint on it as if the stensle they used was messed up an they traced over it with a pen making the 4 on the serial number fatter would that be considered an error $1

harley bissell likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @Tina Marie Chavez.

You’re more likely to get an educated evaluation if you can upload some photos. It’s difficult to remark on any error with just a written description.

4. Tina Marie Chavez

Im new to this sorry I tried an I couldn't send a photo

5. SteveInTampa

Just click on “Upload a File” and choose your photo(s) from your photo library. It’s at the bottom of the comment box.

6. Tina Marie Chavez

7. Tina Marie Chavez

Did I do it ?

Stevearino likes this.
  8. SteveInTampa

Yes, we can see it now.

Looks like some minor over inking, and unfortunately not considered an error.

May I suggest....before you upload your photo, edit the photo so it’s not sideways. It makes it easier for members to evaluate/view your note.

9. Tina Marie Chavez

I appreciate your help looks like I have money to spend smiles thanks again

Stevearino and SteveInTampa like this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hello. Good questions. But.. You should really try to create you very own unique thread. You have the posting and pictures done and creating a title is not that difficult.
    Next time ;)

11. Tina Marie Chavez

Will do thank you

12. SteveInTampa

Stevearino likes this.
  13. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

Hi, to explain, that number "4" with the thickening happens following maintenance of the COPE machine and is due to replacement of that sindle digit-wheel. Hope this helps...

JayF likes this.
  14. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

15. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk, Tina!

16. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

good eye Tina. The first step to finding errors is to notice differences. Works for varieties too. Some popular varieties on paper money are radars like 12344321 using any four numbers; ladders 23456789; bookends 34654834; repeaters 34343434; and the big kahuna is mismatched serial numbers where one batch is not exactly like the other on the same note. Usually only one digit is different. I'm not wise enough to know if there has ever been a two digit mismatch. Best known is the one dollar silver certificate variety. It has also happened on modern notes.

17. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Welcome to the forums! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted