$1 Bill Elimination Idea On Capital Hill

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Drago the Wolf, Nov 8, 2011.

1. cdwest

cdwest Member

I find that in my collecting the President Dollar coins, that alot of the banks don't have the rolls. They have to order them and there are very few that do. Most coins have a few like maybe 2 or 4 of them loose at a time. Most of the loose President coins I have gotten have been in 25 dollar rolls that customers have deposited. But in opening the rolls you find them mixed in with the Native American (Sacagewea) & SBA. In 3 bank rolls out of the 75 coins, 7 were SBA, and 45 were Native American. If nothing else it makes the hunt more interesting.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. andyscouse

andyscouse Collector of Brit stuff

Yes, that seems to be true. Most banks here in Western MA have a couple (if any), often saying they "have none". One time, the bank teller said, after I spotted several loose and paid for them, "Oh, I have a roll of them". It was a customer roll, and most were presidential (ranging from 2007 to 2011 - - 19th) with some Sac and one Native American (Law).

Yes, it does make it interesting, but it's challenging when they say that have none. There again, one bank I went to last week had 3 $1 coins and an Ike - and they were pleased to have me take them off their hands!

4. cdwest

cdwest Member

So Far I have found about close to 80 loose Presidential Coins. The only president I haven't found yet is James Monroe. I have found 4 William Henry Harrison's but I can't find a James Monroe. I know at some point I'll find a James Monroe D.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It's an expression typically expressed by someone who is or feels he is getting away with something he is not supposed to be getting away with.

I'm sticking it to THE MAN!

THE MAN usually meaning his boss, the governmen or someone is some kind of authority.

6. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

There won't be any change until we get campaign finance reform. Congress gets richer the more contentious the issue but they still care about a million dollar "donation". So long as they have access to their "campaign" finances then they will be very eager to listen to those who need little favors and laws. No vested interest groups are very concered with good education or affordable health care or a currency system that actually works. All the vested interests are focused on maintaining the status quo no matter how inefficient or how broken it is.

We'll keep the penny and the rag dollar which will be disposed of as toxic waste after our civilization collapses.

Draft saved Draft deleted