$1/$2 Estate Lot - info please

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SteveInTampa, Jun 9, 2017.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Tell me more about the 1928F Deuce.

Only one star note ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mark Metzger

Mark Metzger Well-Known Member

Yup, only one Star Note. Here's a couple photos of the '28F as well as the '53B

IMG_2038.JPG IMG_2039.JPG IMG_2040.JPG IMG_2041.JPG

4. SteveInTampa

Wish the 28F looked more like the 53B.....pretty rough.

Thank you

5. Mark Metzger

6. onecenter

onecenter Member

Oldies but goodies.

7. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

Can you post front and back of the 1935G?

8. Mark Metzger

The bottom one is quite crisp. The top is off center.
    IMG_2042.JPG IMG_2043.JPG

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  9. moneycostingmemoney

I was hoping to see "in god we trust" on the back but still decent finds. Fr1616. I'd say 35 on the top bill and 53-55 for the bottom. Thank you for sharing. It's always fun to see what other collectors are finding out there.

10. Mark Metzger

What sort of value do these carry? Tough to tell from past eBay completed sales. A few bucks?

11. moneycostingmemoney

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Not sure if this is the thread you needed my advice on but i am here, so here it goes
    Top bill looks very soiled to me and massive amounts of folds creases etc, margins are very poor and there really isnt one on top, in my collection i have 30,s that look better then this note so would probably slap a VF-25 grade on that one and call it a day, think a 35 would be on the generous side, or after the grader had a few glasses
    of bourbon...LOL
    The other example is in much better shape but due to the corner bumps and over all quality of this note i would put this note at a VF-45 remember A/U grades are given
    for very light handling this looks like a little more then that to me still wouldnt qualify for even a 50 based on what i see just my two cents :)

13. SteveInTampa

Good evaluation @mpcusa .

@moneycostingmemoney is also correct. Series 1935G $1's without the motto are far more common than notes with the motto. All 1935G $1's with serial numbers from B54000001J through D48960001J (approx 195 million notes) do not the the motto, while only a little over 31 million do have the motto.

14. moneycostingmemoney

LOL no, no bourbon last night, but I will admit it was after a long drive and blown up on my iPhone so my weary eyes must have led to the liberal calls. But with a little rest I am seeing more folds than I did and thank you for your insightful input

15. moneycostingmemoney

Thank you @SteveInTampa i knew there was a good gap but I had a feeling my figures were off. And to be honest the only reason I remembered the Fr# is because it's been one of my hot searches on eBay of late.

16. mpcusa

I just realized a possible brain fart here on my part, it was a late night for me
    As well think i replied at 1AM LOL, and i didnt realize that you were doing the
    Grading, for some reason i was thinking it was a stuffed shirt at PCGS or PMG
    so please excuse my bourbon comment :)
    But grading is highly subjective even the big two dont agree all the time, i would
    Say about 75% of the time they say yes to the dress, i have actually submitted
    68.s to PMG from PCGS that have came back 66,s figure that out !! they both
    Have basic criteria but by the results you get you wouldnt think so.

17. moneycostingmemoney

Haha no worries my friend. I started to wonder how you knew I liked bourbon lol. Well, jim beam and knob creek I should say. I respect your grading skills and appreciate your input. I have been kicking the idea of joining PCGSc or PMG but have been wondering who is more accurate. After all the reading I e been doing I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter. Like you said one could go high and the other land low. It could be a game where either would grade the others slab lower to make a statement, but I'm leaning towards PCGSc right now. I only need a couple more raw examples before dropping the coin would make the free grades pay for themselves. Do you know, is it really an average 6mo turnaround?

18. mpcusa

I have around 500 graded notes and am a member of both PCGS and PMG as i have
    Registered sets at both graders, so who,s best ? its been my experience that the
    Two are equal in status in the currency grading community however with that said
    you will find this to be true almost 100 Percent of the time, PMG is a more strict
    TPG if you look at the inventories of both services you will find more highly graded
    Notes at PCGS and that,s because the criteria and thinking is slightly different
    more allowable and generous grading but, i dont think you can go wrong by
    choosing one over the other :)

Draft saved Draft deleted