1/10th Gold Pieces-Non U.S. Mint

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

.24 is the thickness of the gold plate not 24 KT gold !
    Santinidollar is correct run Forest run....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Yeah - this depresses me - not to mention I got to looking to the Browns? Oh God! I said befor I canned 40 quarts of tomatoes and 50 pints this year - had a great season!!

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. Markus1959

Check out - .24 is an 1/4 inch with is .25 of an inch - an 1/4 - I'm not buying that cause of an 1/4th of an inch should cost way to much more! AND that wouldn't be plating!!

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm not sure where you're getting "thickness" out of this.

.999 silver means 999 parts per thousand of silver, or 99.9%.

.9999 gold means 9999 parts per ten thousand of gold, or 99.99%.

.24 gold means 24% gold. 1/10 ounce of 24% gold contains .024 ounce of gold, with a current value of about $31.55.

They don't need any more dishonesty to profit nicely off these pieces. The 250% markup built into the specifications that they clearly state right there in the advertisement is more than enough.

It's deceptive as all get-out, but it's not false advertising.

6. Markus1959

Because plating is Thickness

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  7. Markus1959

Most planchets arent even .25 in thickness!

8. Markus1959

Damn - I feel so stupid! Thanks for letting me know!!

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Tommy this may be a dumb question. But has anybody called that company and check these out to see what they have to say about it.:confused::blackalien:

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Granny bait. I hate this stuff.

11. Markus1959

HAH! - call a rip off company?

tommyc03 likes this.
  12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Once they get your phone number you'll never get rid of them.

dwhiz and tommyc03 like this.
  13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

No, not that I know of and I'm not going to call. These two prominent people behind this obvious rip off should both know better than to be associated with anything this misleading. They are just barely under the wire/gray area in the truth in advertising laws. The term Granny/Grampy bait is really appropriate here, especially if the buyer has no knowledge of coins.This appeals to the unknowing with all the hype and misleading numbers, to folks looking to buy a nice gift for someone who does, or may be collecting coins and just starting out. I get these and other ads in the mail on almost a daily basis. My main reason for posting the way I did was because I wanted everyone to join in on this and hopefully some younger/new collectors might read the thread and learn, rather than by me just saying so. In a way, I was a bit misleading doing it this way but this has turned out well and I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you all.

usmc60 likes this.
  14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I think some "prominent people" show their real colors by involvements like with this company.

dwhiz and tommyc03 like this.
  15. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

You may want to pass this on. I have found the best way to get rid of phone solicitors after they get your phone number. By what ever means they get it from. After their opening pitch, I have my opening pitch. This phone call is be recorded for future litigation purposes. And you have a personal request to remove my phone number from your mailing list. And if I receive another phone call you will be reported to the Federal Trade Commission. I have found this statement works quite well with unwanted solicitors.:happy::eek::blackalien: PS. And for those members who occasionally visit Bass Pro shop. Do not fill out one of those chances to win a boat drawings. You will get solicitation ads out your Ying Yang. As much as I'd like to win a new boat it's not worth all the phone calls.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  16. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yah, my boat can't even answer the phone. :D:D:hilarious::hilarious:

17. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah that Barry M. Goldwater, Jr. sold some bunk 9/11 coinage as well years ago. I forget what it was exactly it was but it's the same ole foolishness. Ignore the crook and the horse he rode in on. laughhard.gif Criminal.gif

tommyc03 likes this.
  18. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I'm fairly certain that .24 means 24 microns... or about half the thickness of a human hair. ;)

19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

It's all about the money

20. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Yea I get there mailings I just tear them up...

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

tommyc03 likes this.
  21. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Your right

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted