04 jackson star note question

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Jason1367, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Hey everyone,

I have been collecting coins for about two years now, (still a novice), I don't know very much about paper money. The other day I was counting the money in my wallet and came across a 2004 Jackson star note. The serial number is EA06886703 and its a A-1. Its in pretty good condition, one fold but besides that it seems to be pretty good. Can anyone tell me if its worth holding onto? Thanks,
    Jason

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

i'm not an expert, but most current (1996- date) star notes are only face value if they're circulated

4. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Awe ok gotcha, Thanks for the reply

5. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Check the print run numbers. The value will depend on how many were printed for that run and total combined of all runs. What you could do (this is what I'm doing), is hold onto it until you find one in better condition. If you do, then just save the better one and put the other one back into circulation. Of course you could keep both also.

6. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Hey endeavor, I looked it up the other day , if im not mistaken the run was 360,000, it really wasn't that high of a run in comparison to the others. But that sounds like a plan. Cant hurt to hold onto it like you said. Thanks for the reply!

7. Endeavor

In that case (360k run), I would hold on to it since it's pretty low and in "pretty good condition".

One suggestion if I may... try not to use the term "good" to describe a note that is of high grade. In money grading good is actually bad or poor. I only make the suggestion to avoid confusion. High grades begin around XF (extra fine), then up to AU (about uncirculated), CU (choice uncirculated) and lastly GEM, which are for the highest grades.

8. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Good is 4-6 on a scale to 70. And Very Good is 8-10, and isn't much better than toilet paper after a taco bell disaster.

Endeavor likes this.
  9. Endeavor

[​IMG]

10. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Not sure where that number came from, but the BEP production report lists the run as EA06400001* - EA09600000*, a full run of 3.2 million notes. In other words, this one is as common as they come, I'm afraid.... :(

Draft saved Draft deleted