02 OHIO p almost a CUD

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Feb 9, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Welcome all this is a 2002 Ohio P well circulated this is a die break at 12:00 on the reverse side I have a question for other members now what you cannot see in the photos this crack goes all the way down to the impression line of the coin if it's touching the surface line it considered a cud ? If not I have to assume it's still a chip :watching:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Not 'almost', it IS a cud. Small, but it's a cud.

4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

(Question) does not matched the definition for a cud

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Under closer examination indicators are that it's actually protrudes into the surface so I guess it does qualify as a CUD closer photos

Attached Files:

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You guys can call it what you want. I'll continue to use Alan Herbert's definition (II-E-4), which by the way, classifies it as a rim die break rather than a cud.

Chris

352sdeer likes this.
  9. Robert Neff

Robert Neff New Member

This is a rim cud. Part of the die's gutter has broken away leaving this anomaly type. I would be interested in adding it to Cuds-on-coins.com. All I need is your permission and name to use your images

Robert (BJ) Neff

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    usmc60 likes this.
  10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Sir it is a possibility if you'd like to go on the conversation room we can discuss the situation

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Sirs please go to my thread 2000 d dime i would be interested in your opinion on this dime i believe the last time I looked it was on page 11

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Chris should I turn down ROBERT (BJ) NEFF invitation ?

13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

BJ is well-respected and has been around a long time. Just because I disagree with the concept of using a similar name for a given anomaly has nothing to do with his achievements. He merely asked for your permission to use your image on his website. If I were you, I would be honored that he asked to use it.

Chris

PS. In the future, I think it would be advisable for you to ask this sort of question in a private conversation rather than in a public forum.

Cascade likes this.
  14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Chris update cud on coin classification is cu-25c-2002-01r-(oh) rim cud

Draft saved Draft deleted