“Time Machine” — the unique date converter for world coin collectors.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by inscriptor, Oct 31, 2010.

1. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

Hi! My name is Andrei Tretyakov.

I wanna share with you the web application I've created specially for coin collectors. It is called "Time Machine" and available via the following link: http://apps.creounity.com/time_machine/en/.

This webapp is a date converter covering 17 chronological systems. It is capable of converting year from any of the calendars provided in the app to the Gregorian calendar, and backwards (from the Gregorian calendar to a system you want).

With Time Machine it is very easy to find out the production year of your foreign coins.

Along with the converter itself, this app contains pieces of the explanatory texts that could help you understand how does the converter work, as well as learn some facts about chronologies' history and origins.

Time Machine is completely freeware for end users, and doesn't contain ads.

Originally it's been developed by me for Russian and Russian-speaking collectors, but today, on October 31nd, 2010, I've finished working over the translation, and now it has both English and Russian interface languages, all the converter-related articles are available in these two languages as well.

In the nearest future I will add 4 new chronological systems into the Time Machine. Some minor bugs will be fixed. A set of large-size images will be added to each system. Two additional functionalities are under development and I believe they'll be released by the end of 2010.

Have a good time with my "Time Machine", and happy converting! :)

Ripley likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tenacious

tenacious Member

Thank you! This will be very useful.

4. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

5. socaldsal

socaldsal New Member

Good site! I like how it's pretty much plug and play with the numbers.

6. izotz

izotz Euro Coins Fan

I find it very usefull and easy to use. Very good interface. I will recommend it to some friends. :)

Congratulations.

7. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

Descriptive articles to the 4 new systems officially added today (Nov. 10, 2010), links to them provided below the main menu, entitled "Systems under development". Other new features are in the process of creation, expected to be released in the following two months. Be ready :)

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Nice app, and will come in very handy!
    Thanks!!

9. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Hm, isn't the 20 chon from my collection?

[​IMG]

10. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

Yea, I've mentioned in the bottom of the Korean page, that, quote: "Some image samples and info about the emperors were taken from gxseries.com" If you don't want your image to be an example on the Korean page, I'll remove it.

11. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

It's not a problem Andrei. I'm just suprised that you chose a worn example instead of better ones that I have in my collection for example this:

[​IMG]

Nevertheless, it's very well written and good job for putting all the time and effort in!

12. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

Thank you, I'm glad that you appreciate it!

I was making drafts this summer and was searching for at least appropriate pic (one that suits the description) at that time, not the best one. Now, would it be ok if I replace the currently uploaded shabby 20-chon coin with the last provided here by you, that looks fresher?

13. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

14. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

15. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

That must be very difficult and time-consumimg for you to collect by types and make complete sets... I've been collecting coins since I was 8, the area being the world coins, so the point for me since then is getting at least one coin from every country and territory of the world. Now, 16 years later, my 1799 coins cover 243 different countries.

16. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

I've released some updates for the English version of the Time Machine, here they are:

North Korea converter
    http://apps.creounity.com/time_machine/en/index.php?go=northkorea.php

Modern mints and paper currency issuing centers in various countries of the world
    http://apps.creounity.com/time_machine/en/index.php?go=mints.php
    Started with 4 sections.

Precise (day-to-day) lunar hejira date converter
    http://apps.creounity.com/time_machine/en/index.php?go=arab.php#precise_lh_converter

Welcome to check 'em out!

17. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Thank you. Great stuff, I added it to my popular sites, very useful indeed.

18. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

19. BMoscato

BMoscato ANA# R-1181086

This is very cool, I will take a look at it in detail later on this evening. I appreciate your hard work. :)

20. inscriptor

inscriptor Junior Member

21. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

Great utility, inscriptor! A vote of thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted