“Goal” Coin Finally Achieved

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Phoenix21, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I recently reentered the hobby after a little inspiration by a client of mine. For those interested, here’s some backstory. For those that are not, just skip down to the good stuff (the coin).

I was a fairly naive teenager when I first got into collecting and joined Cointalk. The forum provided a fair share of mentors that I looked up to but I definitely jumped around the hobby a bit aimlessly trying to find my footing.

As I re-enter the hobby, I do have a few goals in mind from my teen years that I would like to pick back up. One of them being collecting a copy of each emperor that featured the SC on its reverse. Why? I couldn’t tell ya to be honest but I’m still fond of the goal and want to pursue it.

First and foremost, I want to gather knowledge as I progress and learn as much as I can while taking it slow and acquiring pieces I really like along the way. I’ve picked up a few other odds and ends pieces that I’ll include in other posts but this facet I want to take my time with.

But without further adieu, here is the first addition, the coin that I admired and wanted as a teen but either couldn’t find a good quality piece at the time or it was far out of my budget.

Just arrived today from Spain in time for my birthday:

Obverse: IMP. CAESAR DIV. F. AVGVSTVS IMP. XX.
    Bare head left.

Reverse: PONTIF. MAX. TRIBVNI. POT. XXXIII. around S.C.

10.47g 28mm

RIC. 471.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Welcome back and coingrats on the new bronze stunner!:cigar:
    I'd never thought of getting SCs as a subset, but think it's cool. :woot:
    Here are coins celebrating advice from old men (Senatus Consulto):
    share7112194378509955089.png
    IMG_4420(1).jpg share3955856907189971738.png IMG_0891.PNG Screenshot_20201124-171714_PicCollage-removebg-preview.png IMG_5554(1).jpg 1612623_1609765818.l (1).jpg

Keeping in mind, of course, the red herring SC:
    Screenshot_20210529-094258_Chrome.jpg

Spaniard, DonnaML, Phoenix21 and 7 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted