“Bidiot’s Anonymous” anyone a member?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dug13, Feb 10, 2021.

1. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

i am constantly getting coins for 30-80% off retail prices, you have to be patient, and bid on thousands of coins a month, to win a few hundred of em...i have seen at great collections and heritage, the prices are astronomical, then add in the 20.00 per coin (heritage) or 10% (minimum 5,00) for great collections buyer fees, and yeh, it is hard to get a bargain there, on ebay, however, with no buyer fees, and protection on purchases...i have been doing very good, i buy from 2k to 4 k a month...so just hang in there, and shop around,,there are many bargains out there..

serafino and capthank like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Glad I don’t buy coins. So sad seeing you members chase your tails

Kentucky likes this.
  4. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

how much you spend at an auction is a function of: how bad you want it, how bad at least one other wants it, depth of the underbidder's pocket and how deep are your pockets. I paid 80% of estimate and 6 times estimate in the last week. I really wanted one item.
    DSCN4514.JPG

john65999 likes this.
  5. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

I’m in the same boat. I review current auction or sold prices to help determine what is the latest prices are. Then I subtract the BP, and shipping to arrive at my max bid price. Needless to say I’m not very successful. when I am I get the coin I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.

john65999 likes this.
  6. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

I don’t understand. Additional unemployment pay out where people are getting more money staying home, and stimulus checks to everyone working or not. But yet people are taking advantage of the rent and mortgage “deferral” programs. Flush with cash but will not pay the rent. What a concept.
    Who will be the loser(s) when the music stops in this game of musical chairs? The taxpayers who managed to steer though this mess

john65999 likes this.
  7. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

I think this is starting to be a new norm. Although I was led away from ebay yesterday to a coin shop in America somewhere that had some amazing coins. All being sold on their online web page. First time in a while I'd found some nice coins. They are in the process of being delivered. But I have been watching a lot of things go crazy high for no reason other than inexperienced coin shoppers...

john65999 likes this.
  8. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

@Cheech9712 I may be chasing my tale, but I have a collection I'm
    very proud of. I'm sure you're proud of yours. While many of my coins
    rate a "common" or "scarce" in the guide, I have several that are rare.
    I may over pay for many of them, but for me that is the cost of ownership
    and the joy of looking at them and holding them. I'm sure your collection
    brings you the same pride and joy.

serafino, john65999, Seated J and 2 others like this.
  9. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Stop it! I give up! Here you go.
    ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif Trophy.png

ZoidMeister and Cheech9712 like this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Your so right. Now catch that tail

Kentucky, Seated J and ZoidMeister like this.
  11. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Heavens to murgatroyd . . . . a tale of a tail . . .

Z

Robert Ransom likes this.
  12. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

upload_2021-2-19_9-35-31.png

ZoidMeister likes this.
  13. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

image00825.jpg
    Recently caught. In the mail. Chased and caught this one.
    (14)96 Muhlhausen mint. Uniface Pfennig. R-3 Less than 10 collectible.

M 9-6

14. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I've tried HA and I think I'll stick to in-person buying. I need to pay a visit to the coin shop and show. I'm thinking of making it to the Missouri state coin show in July. It's the weekend of my wife's birthday, so I'm hoping she'll let me go.

15. john65999

THERE IS A LOCAL COIN SHOW IN CROMWELL, CT ON SUNDAY THIS WEEK IF ANYONE IS IN THE AREA??

tibor likes this.
  16. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Chasing my tail is one of my hobbies... :)
    tenor (1).gif

Clawcoins, Dug13 and ZoidMeister like this.
  17. john65999

same happens to me, any time i am about to win a bid for 1 cent or 5,00 or whatever min bid is, magically, it is withdrawn, this happens to me about 10 times a month, frustrating..

18. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Great Scott! Where do you live, Fort Knox?

john65999 likes this.
  19. john65999

went back to coin collecting and dealing after a 40 year break

20. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I'm a damn Cheap SOB... I think the only coin i have at moment that I paid over list for is my 1895 o morgan and even that was not 50% over..

john65999 likes this.
  21. john65999

i buy errors, sadly there is no list price for those, as each is one of a kind....there are approximate ranges for coins, but the ones i see online (price guides) for errrors are sadly way off, they say 100.00 for an off center ike, when in reality that is where they start in crap condition, a nice one is closer to 300.00 they say silver dime clips are 3.00 yeh good luck with that..it seems these prices are from the 1950's or something...prices realized at heritage and great collections and ebay tell quite a diff. story..sometimes i go way off budget because i just have to have that coin, so yup...guess i am a bidiot, lol...

tibor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted