‘47 penny. Is “WE” out of place?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Chip Kirkpatrick, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Active Member

620133B7-D52F-485F-955B-A73751B606F3.jpeg EE8EFBF1-ECB0-4B4A-A19D-A2976313CE17.jpeg 328D5A3B-41AE-4854-9BE9-4750F059950E.jpeg BD8F32F1-9F54-46BB-9431-3053D44CEA7C.jpeg C830AFC6-6560-459D-8E81-7FEDC32651C4.jpeg Is “WE” out of alignment or place or is it merely my imagination?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Qsins

Qsins New Member

I got multiple Denver pennies that look like that was just looking at a 1961 & 63 & I don't know about out of place well the E looks lower like yours.

4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Is the E lower or is the W higher???

I have found a few of these, and my understanding of these is that they are common enough that they do not carry a premium.

But they are certainly different enough to keep for "Show and Tell" with your friends.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

That is interesting, Meow had not ever found a penny like that before.

6. Chip Kirkpatrick

So it IS an error but it’s NOT an error?

No wonder I’m so confused!!! Lol.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I need fine but is the W higher or the E lower? I think the W is higher but this is fairly common in commands no premium. Put in a 2 x 2 holder for protection and keep it.

8. Chip Kirkpatrick

I will!!

I’m not seeking a profit and have never sold anything. YET. I simply enjoy finding the oddball coins and am trying desperately to learn which might be actual errors.

I have a 1908 VDB wheat that was identified as a POSSIBLE (and probably not) proof coin. If that turns out to be authentic than that one I’d probably offer to sell.

We’ll see.

9. Collecting Nut

A 1908 wheat?

10. Chip Kirkpatrick

Sorry. Can’t train the nets no matter how hard I try. 1909

Collecting Nut likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Just keep it like all your other coins. I tend to hoard. You should try it. lol

Hookman likes this.
  12. desertgem

desertgem MODERATOR Senior Errer Collecktor Moderator

I think it was a physical blow after leaving the mint, so damage based on the faint image of the W under the real one and small lines and indents on the rim where the force was applied. The faint image was where the W was originally and the blow sheared off the top and moved the metal up a tiny fraction. IMO, Jim

3rd photo down

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted