‍♀️HELP!! Are these DD? Newbie here lol

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Amberalaska, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amberalaska

Amberalaska Member

661AC5BF-6C51-4247-A91B-128C8D899BE4.png

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Cointalk
    Based on your photo's which for me is hard to tell but all I'm seeing is DDD ( die deterioration doubling) not a true Doubled Die (DDO).JMO
    Dave

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I just want to know how did you add that symbol in your thread title? We can do that?

Oh.. No doubled die varieties that I see.
    Just Die Deterioration Doubling as stated.
    What you see is a result of a worn die strike.
    Even in Cents found in Alaska.

Heavymetal likes this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Welcome to CT

6. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

You need a keyboard with separate numeric key pad.
    Turn numeric lock (or just hold it down), press ALT, type in the numbers that correspond with the symbol you want.

Heavymetal, Kentucky and paddyman98 like this.
  7. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Great photos! Welcome to CT. The old boys here school me every day. You’ve already schooled them some. Stick around. Have fun

8. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

definately double or triple ds.

9. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you are talking about.

CoinCorgi and enamel7 like this.
  10. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

He is making bad joke based on the OP's physical appearance.

11. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Only if and when one chooses to interpret it that way. It an just as easily be interpreted to be about the coins.

12. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I took it to mean the coins.

13. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

thanks frank i apreciate your asumptions and thank you for your unbiased view j.

14. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

im sorry im new and not to detrack from the subject at hand just learning to operate this site.to the gentleman who said im making a pun about her breasts,shame on you especially for using your unsolicitid view to eevn comment upon them. too the other responder thank you for acknowleging the possibility of a mis understansding on frankz behalf

15. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I personally find it hard for your comment to be understood in any other manner. Why would you even respond that way? I find your commentary and over dramatizing the response rather questionable. Edit: if you’re even familiar with the lingo, you’ll know we’ve never called DDD “Tripp’s D’s”. It seems like you intentionally used that phrase. I’ve read all 17 of your comments on CT. Your immaturity shows me your intent with the comment.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  16. Albert Blanton

Albert Blanton New Member

I don't have any double die examples, but maybe someone on this site has and would be kind enough to supply a photo example that shows a good representation of a true double die coin. I have attached an excerpt from The Whitman Cherrypickers' guide by Bill Fivaz & J.T. Stanton edited by Ken Potter that may help her better understand what a true Double Die is with the understanding that all double die strikes are not as sharp and defined as the one in the 1937 example in

Attached Files:

17. Seattlite86

Here's one of mine, a 1995-P DDO. Not all DDOs are this clear, but for beginners, these are the DDOs you're likely to find.
    1995 DDO 3.jpg 1995 DDO 2.jpg 1995 DDO 1.jpg 1995 DDO 4.jpg

18. Seattlite86

He's been a member for 8 days and has made snarky comments on enough posts to make me question whether you really believe he intended it innocently. Sure, it's easy enough to excuse away, but we're both smarter than that.

19. GDJMSP

Lemme put it to ya this way, we do not moderate because what somebody "might" have done.

Kentucky likes this.
  20. Seattlite86

Guarantee he doesn’t know the basics of errors, but it sure is nice to see you giving a user the benefit of the doubt. This is a first for me to see from you.

21. GDJMSP

Actually it happens quite a lot. But it's not readily visible because there is no comment made about it.

Something else that members in general are probably unaware of, I'd say that perhaps as much as 40% of posts that are reported, are simply rejected by the moderators. And what rejected means is, no action is taken, no moderating is done.

My instructions to moderators are and always have been, when in doubt, you give the benefit of the doubt. Even so, it is of course always a judgement call as to whether doubt does exist. But mods are chosen because of our (Peter's and mine) belief in their judgement.

Devyn5150 and Kentucky like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.