£1000 coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by calumsherwood, May 13, 2011.

1. calumsherwood

calumsherwood New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rarecoin

rarecoin New Member

that is just to far

4. SWThirteen

SWThirteen Needs a 24/7 Coin Shop

That's a lot of gold!! Granted it's not pure, but still over 90%. And there's only 40 being made.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

22 karat, but still 1 full kilo of pure gold.
    32+ troy ounces. It would make a great door stop.

6. calumsherwood

calumsherwood New Member

price and weight aside it is just so ugly

7. SWThirteen

SWThirteen Needs a 24/7 Coin Shop

I would agree with that one.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Gah! It's nice that they restored Wills' hairline, but what on Earth did they do to Kate's face?

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Oh I don't know, I think the Canadian million dollar 100 Kg "coin" gives it a run for its money.

10. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

the lady(princess) kate looks old.. seriously ..

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Weeeell, UK Mint is a tad misleading. ;) The Royal Mint made that beast in the name of, surprise, Alderney ...

Christian

12. calumsherwood

calumsherwood New Member

have you seen a picture of her? She is actualy very pritty but on ever single one of the coins she looks awful

13. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

They didn't do her any favors Calum, that's for sure. She actually is a pretty woman "in hand". Well...you know what I mean. :yes:

Bruce

14. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

I believe she is a Duchess, NOT a Princess. Maybe someday, but not today... ;)

15. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Sort of like a certain U.S. coin series with 25 cents face value and five ounces of silver.:rolleyes:

16. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I think the Royal Mint is merely a company that happens to mint coins for the UK. They also mint coins for other governments and private collectors. It doesn't serve the same function as the US Mint. To say that the coin has been issued by the UK Mint is a tad deceiving.

17. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

The Royal Mint of the United Kingdom (previously the principal mint of the Kingdom of England) is the body permitted to manufacture, or mint, coins in the United Kingdom. The Mint originated over 1,100 years ago.
    No clue where you gather your information from, but it is completely incorrect.

18. NorthKorea

I pulled it from the annual report. Though I think I misunderstood what I read. I forgot the UK still had countries that aren't colonies, yet are loyal to the throne.

19. NorthKorea

I pulled it from the annual report. Though I think I misunderstood what I read. I forgot the UK still had countries that aren't colonies, yet are loyal to the throne.

20. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Many government mints strike coins for other countries.

21. Clinker

Clinker Coin Collector

Looks like Kate's thinking, "Aha, gotchya!"

Clinker

Draft saved Draft deleted