Obviously, the owner can post and clear it up quickly. However, if it is recessed as you say - it is probably to quickly measure the diameter of...
Oh, for sure, PCGS would call this FBL. Because they only look at the bottom set of lines. That's why I don't care for them at all - NGC needs...
You are absolutely right to be cautious of these, of course. So many fakes! However, I do not see any obvious signs of any red flags -...
I think it is a nice coin, but unfortunately there are too many marks on the bell lines for me to say FBL.
No. A lamination would appear as missing or peeling metal. There is no metal missing. These are die breaks.
I'll be honest, Jeff, the peninsula you're talking about was the single most unusual piece of this puzzle. However... the entire rest of the coin...
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a Washington quarter so advanced. Usually they replace them long before this happens - or it happened very...
NGC for three major reasons: - one of my first collections was a FBL Franklin collection, and the NGC requirements for FBL are far stricter and...
If I had just a bit more cash-flow, Pine/Oak/Willow coinage would be on my list. I think they are super cool.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the 1904 you show. The 98 is perfectly fine, and given the grade choices you show might actually be the...
Oh my gosh, this is actually really big news. They've always been very tight-lipped about that. I can't wait to see the data that comes from this....
66. Easy. All day long.
I don't know what your net worth is (nobody's asking)... but I've spent a much higher percentage than that (for me) on several coins!
I've seen all three sell, but for a lot more money than I had at the time.
I agree the luster is incredible... but I maintain that 64 is the right grade for that coin.
Separate names with a comma.