What will NGC grade my 1922 peace dollar?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Numismatic33, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

What will NGC grade my 1922 peace dollar? Will it get details for the notches? I will be sending it in soon (for sentimental reasons) image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

coingeek12 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Curious as to why you would even consider having the coin graded which, to me, would be a waste of money?

If it's solely for sentimental reasons, why not just pick up a Coin World Slab and slab it yourself? That way, you could label it for the sentimental reason it was slabbed.

4. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

au 55'ish

you may just want to buy a nice intercept shield square holder, it will look good and save you some money.

5. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

You can't argue or put a price on sentimental reasons.

Maybe he collects NGC graded Peace dollars and the ugly CW slab just won't do.

It's a details coin in my opinion.

6. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

It is to sentimental to not send in.

7. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

true I was getting XF for the coin in my pic (also sentimentle) but I sent it in anyway and it came back MS-63...

8. 19Lyds

Sorry, but my 1st impression was certainly not MS. Is that a scratch in picture number 2?

9. 19Lyds

Huh?

So whats your game?

Posting a picture of a coin asking if it will grade and then stating that its already been graded?

I'm done.

10. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

Can't really tell because it only shows up in the picture and not in hand but probably a light scratch. I might just send in a Morgan that's around MS-60 that'ssentimentle before
    no. I stated that the coin in my picture (a 1923 peace dollar) that I sent in people where saying XF-low AU. Sorry for the confusion

11. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

Sorry I meant to say profile picture. Sorry this is getting really really confusing.

12. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

These here look a bit better almost like having a NGC slab

fsfs.jpg

13. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

Where can you get them?

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

15. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

The deep nicks in the face.

16. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Here

17. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

oh, I always called them deep nicks in the face.

:)

18. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

It looks like it has some wear...I'd put it in the AU details range but with those hits I'm not sure it will grade.

What is the sentimental story behind these coins?

19. Numismatic33

Numismatic33 Member

They where part of my great grandfathers collection.

20. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Very cool. My grandma gave me a couple gold coins. I had planned on keeping them raw in nice airtites or Intercept Shield holders (I have no plans on ever selling them)...but in the back of my mind, I did want to send them to PCGS. I posted photos of both coins here...and a couple members (including a prominent one) told me they were fakes. I disagreed...so I sent them to PCGS.

I knew one was not gradable (but PCGS had just started doing their "genuine" slabs at this time)...but since I like slabbed coins anyway, there was no harm in sending them. The doubt that members here put in my mind pushed me over the edge so I sent them.

One currently resides in a PCGS Genuine holder...the other came back MS64. So, they were real after all. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted