Uruguay animal coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I got this set in the mail today. A nice set of modern animal coins from Uruguay. 2011 uruguay 1 peso.jpg 2011 uruguay 2 pesos.jpg 2011 uruguay 5 pesos.jpg 2011 uruguay 10 pesos.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Nice coins. Certainly!

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I really like that bottom 1. cool.

5. Hiddendragon

Yeah, there's an older coin with a similar design that I've posted before. It's one of my favorites. 1942 uruguay 1 peso.jpg

6. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> nice ... yup, I'll put this baby on the ol' want-list (thanks for posting)

spirityoda likes this.
  7. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

It is also one of my favorites. I did buy a small quantity of this older 1 peso coin in circulated conditions for silver spot at a FUN show. I kept the best example but it is not as nice as your coin. I'm always looking for a nicely toned Unc but have not yet found the right example.
    Uruguay 1942 Peso.jpg
    I really like that bi-metal example of yours.:happy:

chrsmat71 and Ripley like this.
  8. Hiddendragon

The silver pesos actually aren't that expensive, but they are hard to find. There's also a 1930 10 centavo with the same design. I have it but don't have a picture available.

9. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Are those circulating issues? If so, they've come a long way. I traveled through Uruguay in the mid-nineties, and I don't remember much about the coinage, but I do remember that it was utilitarian and totally uninspired.

10. Hiddendragon

I don't know for sure. It doesn't look like a proof set so I assume they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted