Update on HOF Baseball 1/2 Dollar coins Shipping dates, Returns and maybe never getting your order.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Sliderguy, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Some of you guys tickle my belly. Opinions come in bunches just like hunches.
    I believe this HOF $5 gold ball coin ring will be a masterpiece and yes one of a kind.
    My jeweler does special work. Again guys, thanks for your worries.

Back to basics, lets chat about why the U.S. Mint not shipping the HOF half dollar coins and playing with changing dates for shipping when I was one of the first to order like many others.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

SOMEHOW, the big orders always wind up first in line, so they fill these big orders first, and SOMEHOW they never make enough, so the big guys, with the big orders always make the best profits based on perceived shortages. Now, you can believe it’s incompetence or just the way the cookie crumbles – but, more realistically, it’s just another example of how we lose and big business profits due to the control big business has over our government.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  4. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

So, did you try Denver? Do they have any left?

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Hey Slider, post some pics of that ring when you get it back. I'd like to see it.

6. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

I called Thursday and Friday and was sent to voice mail. A lady named Virginia handles phone orders. She never returned my calls. So, maybe Monday I will try again.

7. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

I called the Denver and Philly gift shops on Thursday around closing time (4:20 EST) and both were sold out.

8. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Now I know why I didn't get any returned calls. I did let C.S. person Virginia know what coins I wanted to buy.
    I bet when the member here offered where collectors could get the coins "NOW" everyone that views these forums jumped right on it.

P.S. I betcha even some dealers call the Denver mint and wiped out supplies.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Which is no evidence of special treament, as your next statement proves.

Sure it's fair, and many collectors do the same thing placing multiple orders. The dealer just has more money so he can place orders for the maximum limit each time. But they still have to get through the mint site to place the orders. Also many of these dealers have standing buy orders placed with other dealer and as soon as the collectors get their multiple coin orders and flip the duplicates to their local dealer they get shipped to the big dealer for an immediate profit. The end result is that big dealers wind up with large quantities on hand as soon as the mint starts delivering. But it isn't special treatment.

I remember hose times as well. Order your proof sets in Feb and hope they arrived in time for Christmas. (And there was no way to check on your order, and you couldn't cancel it either. And they cashed the check as soon as they received it.)

Use the system at Baltimore, use the system (multiple people ordering multiple times). Either way open to anyone to do so. No one forced people to sell their coins to the big dealers in Baltimore, and the only people "forced" to stand in line were the ones PAID to do so.

OK a very simple thought experiment. Imagine you have 100 one cent coins and 10 of them are wheat cents. Each of the non-wheats represents a small collector ordering say two coins. Each wheat cent represents a 50 coin order from a dealer. (or one dealer with ten employees each ordering 50 coins) Mix the coins up in a hat and start pulling out "orders" one at a time. Real quickly you will find that the dealer will still be receiving the bulk of the coins even if none of his ten orders are in the first 10 to 20 orders.

And you do have to expect the dealers will be there trying to get their orders in as soon as ordering opens, just as the collectors do. The "big orders" get in early because the dealers try and order as soon as possible, like collectors, and they do make much larger orders.

Mailman1 likes this.
  10. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

It just seems like a government handout when they give a big advantage to certain people (those who live near Baltimore). That's not capitalism.

How come they never release any coins at the FUN Show so that people in Florida can get free money thanks to the government?

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Hey! My unc. dollars have shipped! Finally........

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Probably because FUN is too early in the year and none of the programs are ready yet. Last year they did release one (don't remember which) at the ANA show in Chicago and the same kind of lines and sell out and dealers buying coins from the people standing in line and paying people to stand in line occurred. happened with the 2009 UHR double eagles and has probably happened with several other issues as well.

13. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

They also have a FUN Show in July.

If they wanted to make it fair for everyone then they would just take orders on the internet and by phone.

14. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Hey, you are a better man than I. Mine still says "expected shipping date 4/16/14." Think that isn't going to happen. :)

15. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

There is no law that says capitalism must be fair in all circumstances.

16. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Ok my final entry into this thread about the Half Dollar HOF Baseball coins.
    Again, I want to thank everyone for their opinions, insights.

I cancelled my order today because I don't have time to wait on other people to bring cheer to our young people that basically is our future.

I called today and as my ship dates still has 4/10 and 4/16 I was told my new dates are end of June. Again, game playing in 2014 just reminds you on how our country is headed and since a person had rights to vote they have their vision or opinion.

UPDATE for anyone that didn't know. PITNEY BOWES doesn't work for the Fulfillment of U.S. Mint coins no more.

The new company is NOVITEX. Same place, building and employees I guess.

I just bought tickets for my girls that I coach for a nice night watching a MLB game in person before they leave for vacation and colleges.

The final offering and will say to many about being first in line to get your coins, I guess some businesses will honor the rules. As to this issue with Novitex this means NOTHING.

My good buddy just received his 300 coins and his date of ordering was the 29th of March. Not the 27th like I did 15/20minutes when they went on sale.
    I know how these warehouses work. Lets' pick orders with 300 or 500 orders at a time and then we can relax the rest of the day because all the coins are gone.

My vent is done.

17. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Sorry to hear this Sguy, i been not happy with this roll out.:dead: There are a couple ways you can be first in line, i an't sayin'. i was slow on the draw, order#1 had been ready to ship 4/16, then went to in stock status, after reading this post my #1 order is shipped and so are my ASE.
    My second order is going to ship 4/10 and 4/16, i think 2015, i ordered one unc Gold that Sunday 3/30 i have to guess that i'm on that wait list. but they just del.my 4th bag.from that order, so if i get bumped do i get my $4.95 back and have to send that great bag back too!!!:woot:

18. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Got notice that my Silvers were shipped yesterday(Easter Sunday). Tracking shows that they are in fact in route. Hope to have by the end of the week or sooner.

19. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

No.

I'm kinda wondering why you're going with the HOF coin instead of the 1907 High Relief Wire Rim Saint Gaudens which would make a mush nicer piece of "bling"?

20. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Arrived today. Nice! Worth waiting for.
    2014 HOF Proof Silver Dollar.jpg 2014 HOF Unc. Silver Dollar.jpg

green18 likes this.
  21. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

My order says "Backordered expected ship date 4/16/2014" but have not tracking number and have the cancel boxes nest to my order. Make any sense??? You would think they would adjust my ship dates accordingly. Originally my ship dates were June and July, then went to this newer date...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted