Update on HOF Baseball 1/2 Dollar coins Shipping dates, Returns and maybe never getting your order.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Sliderguy, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Ok, I made a thread on my disappointment of the US Mint changing my shipping dates on my Proof and UNC half dollar HOF baseball coins a week or so ago, here is what I found out today that is just Ludicrous coin collectors.

I called the U.S. Mint's website number today because my dates shipping dates are changing each day.
    I now have shipping dates of 4/10/14 from previous date of 4/6/14 for the UNC coins.
    My new shipping date for the proof halves now has a date of 4/16/14 from 4/3.
    Order is in process. Boxes are still there and CC has not been charged.

The Ludicrous response I received from a Supervisor that was training a new operator for the US mint told me, she is sooooooo sorry. They are "ALL" upset at their hub because no coins are coming in. I said no coins coming in? She said yes, every shipment of any coins from the Mint processors go out right away.

So, I said you are not the US MINT. She told me we work for the US MINT. We are employees of Pitney Bowes and all calls come to our warehouse. We are contracted by the US MINT.

I was shocked ppl.. She also told me this sad news. So far on her computer as she can tell with my ordering date of 3/27/14 under my order number she was reviewing, she told me that in fact I will have a new ship date at the end of the week if no new coins come in the warehouse.

This date will be likely 6/26/14 for both orders. I told her not fair, she said I don't blame you and again I am so sorry. The supervisor told me she would upgrade my status because she feels a lot of ppl will never see these coins and I ordered a few minutes after they went on sale.
    Furthermore, as the Mint processors are not shipping coins to them as quick as they should, they are getting upset of the "Returns" coming back on all of the type coins in this strike of the HOF coins. The employees they have reviewing those returns, about 90% are being reshipped to other customers.

This isn't good news. This coin could be a huge hit if this information is true. Why wouldn't it be true. The US MINT employees working for Pitney Bowes are very frustrated because of the lack of promised dates and shipments of these coins.

I don't know what to say. I am done.

P.S. I did get my bag on 4/2/14. The supervisor has offered me a refund on my shipments. I did receive a Credit on my CC today for the bag. She told be she has noted my account and maybe I will see something soon. Don't get upset if my shipment changes multiple times until or if I get my coins :( If I have issues with my written thoughts on here with spelling ppl, forgive me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I have a feeling that if I get any coins at all they will be someones returns.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No big revelation on the Pittney-Bowes thingy. This is old news.......

5. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

She confirmed that 90% of the returns are going back out?

I’d be careful, I heard if you call in, they make your shipping date even further out. :muted:

6. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

He must be new to ordering from the US Mint.

I remember when the "Fulfillment Center" was contracted out to a company in Memphis Tennessee. In a Suite no less.

As for receiving someone elses returns? The absolute ONLY way a person could guarantee that they are not receiving a coin "rejected" by someone else (for whatever reason) is to purchase items in original US Mint Shipping boxes/packages. There are plenty out there but the premiums are quite stiff.

Truth be told, the Fulfillment Centers re-ship returned coins because returns can be for any number of reasons.

1. Not a 70
    2. Changed mind
    3. Damaged (after intense scrutiny by the purchaser) (See #1)
    4. Wife/Spouse said "I don't think so, you send those right back!"
    5. Ordered too many
    6. Market value changed

7. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

No not new, but haven't order for a long time. I am old Gold coin collector. The last time I ordered from the US Mint was when Pitney Bowes blew it on the UHR $20 gold high relief. And btw I own a 1st strike NGC 70 PL UHR.

Other than getting lucky on the UHR after sending back a scratched UHR the first time around. How can you guys go through this crap? I remember the old days when I did speak to the US Mint people from DC or Philly with knowledge. So, not a newbie. Not a every so often kind of US Mint ordering guy.

P.S. The game is not fun anymore. Been collecting for 38 years and don't understand about this chase game. Just needed my HOF Baseball halves for some girls I coach in Softball. I guess no coins for them this time around. thanks for the replies coin PPL.

8. statequarterguy

Just be glad customer service is still speaking English.

Tater and josh's coins like this.
  9. Heard a rumor that you can call the US Mint gift shops in either Philly or Denver order these and they ship right away. Just a rumor but could be worth a try. TC

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, my unc. dollars are 'in stock and reserved' but the gold still shows a 6/1 shipping date and get this.......the check boxes are back. I guess they're hoping people will cancel.

On a side note my burnished ASE's hit the FDX late this afternoon. :)

11. statequarterguy

Thanks! Just got off the phone to the Denver Mint, Ordered 5 proof silver dollars, rep said they'd be mailed in 3 days. If I get them, I'll cancel the 5 that are scheduled to ship on 7/7. Just a note, their shipping is $9.95, so $5 more.

12. Update number for clad half HOF as of 4/15/14:

Uncirculated: 69,445
    Proof: 111,017

TC

13. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

I got my half dollar ones yesterday, and when I called, the dollar ones are on the way. Pics when all 4 arrive.

14. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

Could you expand on this statement "purchase items in original US Mint Shipping boxes/packages"

How do you do this? If I place my order with the US Mint don't I get a US Mint Shipping Box? I would assume a returned coin would just be put in a new US Mint Shipping box.

Is there anything t look for with the packaging to know its not a returned coin?

15. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Sorry, I'm referring to packages shipped from the US Mint Assay Office in San Francisco which was actually a subset of the US Mint before they started subscribing to a Fulfillment Center Contractor.

I can only assume that the Fulfillment Center idea came into being "after" the US Mint had established an Internet presence since the Internet meant that thousands of orders could be received in only a couple of hours.

It used to be that folks would have to order coins via snail mail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNOPENED-BO...yiSWS8/MzPUxm+B+zIGCoc0=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Returns were extremely difficult in those days unlike today's environment.

16. statequarterguy

Received 3 unc halves today. Best quality I've seen on commem halves in long time - two must be 70's and one 69.

17. Sliderguy

Sliderguy Member

Will you guys that ordered your Proof/Unc 1/2$ coins from Denver mint let us know on here if you got your Baseball Halves.
    Also if so, the phone # you used and send it to my pm please. Thanks much.

I will order that way if you get them faster. These young girls will have a nice piece of history for the game they love so much.

BTW. I have one of my $5 Gold HOF coins in my Jeweler as we speak. I think it will make a nice coin ring with the Ball design showing.

My wife tells me I have too many Gold Coin rings now. I told her, but how many ppl have a Baseball Gold Coin Ring? She said I dunno, but enough. LOL.

18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The denver gift shop did say they had a limited quantity. If you wait until you hear back from the people that have ordered they may be all gone by the time you try to order them.

19. statequarterguy

The Denver number I ordered at was 303-572-9500.

20. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

The big problem is for those of us who ordered extra with the idea of flipping a few to pay for the ones we keep. I got my Half dollars last week and have already sold 2 for over twice what I paid. The uncs are doing better than the proofs. The Silvers are still on "reserve" status and the were ordered within 45 minuets of the start time. By the time I get those the secondary market will be saturated with the sales from "dealers" who got priority on the initial orders. My chances of making any decent profit is being diminished every day.

21. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Contrary to popular opinion there is no evidence that dealers get priority treatment.

Draft saved Draft deleted