Test Notes, American interest.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by daveydempsey, Apr 7, 2014.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

I bought about 150 mixed world notes today and among them were 6 De La Rue test notes that depict scenes from the early US.
    Sawing chopping Redwoods, Cowboys roping cattle and wild Buffalo are on the 50, 100 and 10 but the scenes on the 1 & 5 mean nothing to me.
    The 20 looks like the Pilgrims.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

treylxapi47 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Those are kinda cool.

I'm betting the 20 depicts the traveling through the Oregon Trail.

4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the water I'd guess the 20 was the Doner party.

5. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

in the twenty dollar bill it looks like a group of people are getting mugged by soldiers with muskets. the strange part is that there armor appears to be medieval looking

6. daveydempsey

On closer inspection all the people appear to be praying having made landfall.

7. daveydempsey

The note marked "ONE" with the steamship appears to be the "PARIS"

From Wiki.

City of Paris, was a British built passenger liner of the Inman Line that held the Blue Riband as the fastest ship on the north Atlantic route from 1889 to 1891 and again from 1892 to 1893.[1] A sister ship of the City of New York and a rival of the White Star Teutonic and Majestic, City of Paris proved to be the quickest of the pre-Campania twin screw express liners. In 1893, she was renamed Paris and transferred to US registry when the Inman Line was merged into the American Line

8. daveydempsey

The "5" appears to be a bridge over a river in a newly built town.

9. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

the one lady by the soldiers appears to be sobing. not much prayer going on here

10. daveydempsey

One might be sobbing but several are praying and the guy to the right has doffed his hat and has his hand on one of the prayer`s shoulder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. daveydempsey

12. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

The $20 is so obviously a depiction of the Mayflower that any discussion about it ranks among the greatest time wastes of the 21st century.

gsalexan likes this.
  13. Davidschwager

Davidschwager Member

I have three of these notes but admit I also do not know their purpose. One of the puzzling things about them is that they are lithographed instead of engraved.
    My guess on the subject of the 20 is a scene from the English Civil War.

Draft saved Draft deleted