Slot Machine Contest -- Win up to 1500 Quarters!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by thecointrader, May 4, 2012.

1. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

I had orange on first reel so herre are my two guesses for today;

!. Plumb - Bar - Orange - Orange.

2. Cherry - Bar - Bell - Bell.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sully

Sully New Member

cherry cherry bar orange

4. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

cherry -- orange -- bell -- bell ​

5. eatranman

eatranman Member

Thanks for the contest Guess below

Cherry - Cherry - Cherry - Cherry

I love cherries

6. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Waits anxiously for the wheel to spin.

:hail:

7. thecointrader

thecointrader Lurking Since 2006

Second Spin results

Hello Slot Players!

-----------------------------------------

Congratulations to Coin Talk member Ozleck77 for posting a guess with all four symbols correct and in the proper order!

Unfortunately for Ozleck77, his guess was for yesterday's spin, not today's. (See post #34 in this thread). Delivering news like this is about as much fun as telling a coin collector that his uncirculated 1893-S Morgan Dollar was made at the Beijing, China mint.

Bummer! :mad:

-----------------------------------------

Here's the results of our Second Spin:

[​IMG]

For forum members who can't view images, the results were: CHERRY BELL CHERRY ORANGE

If someone had been 'Jackpot Qualified' today, they would have won 12 clad quarters (if they had chosen the Six Coin Option), or a PCGS/NGC Morgan Dollar and 2 clad quarters (if they had chosen the One Coin Option).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it works, here is the video of the reels spinning and stopping. Maybe it's best if Ozleck77 just skips this part. :devil:

[video]http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k481/thecointrader/?action=view&current=d77096ae.mp4[/video]

(If the video doesn't appear, you might be able to access it after you play the video in the first post of this thread.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Porsche2007 was closest with 3 of 4 reels correct. Close, but no cigar.

If I'm not mistaken, the following players earn two extra guesses for our next spin: Gipper1985, Porsche2007, Bobbeth87.

If I'm not mistaken, the following players earn one extra spin for our next spin: Splintercellsz, Sully, Mojavedave, Jcb1983, Azhiker, Wheatydigger, Snapsalot, Flipofacoin, Eatranman.

Bad news for members K2coins and Wrsiegel, your entries were not valid. (K2coins see Rule #2 in the first post -- no editing. Wrsiegel see Rule #6 in the first post - too many guesses). Sorry to be so picky about the rules, but we have a top prize of $375 here, so if I don't say something then someone else certainly will. Each of you still has one guess for our next spin, perhaps tomorrow will be your lucky day. :thumb:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An observation about the possibility of duplicate guesses: The chance of two people randomly submitting duplicate guesses is incredibly small. There are 7 symbols you can choose from on the first reel. And seven on the second reel, too. That's 7x7 or 49 possibilities. Multiply that by 7 for the third reel and you get 343 different combinations. And multiply 343 by 7 for the fourth reel and we learn that there are 2,401 different possible guesses for each spin. That means if you had a computer randomly make your guess for you, the chances of two people making the same guess is incredibly small. Of course some players don't make random guesses. The player who choose ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE as a guess in our first spin didn't randomly choose all those oranges. If I was a player, I wouldn't bother to read everyone else's guesses unless I chose a guess that isn't very random.

In case of duplicate identical winning posts, whoever posts the winning guess first becomes 'Jackpot Qualified'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions about the game rules or how many spins that you are entitled to, send me a private message before posting your guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For our next spin, no one is 'Jackpot Qualified'. You may begin posting your guesses for Spin #3 now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The Coin Trader

8. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

whoot 2 guesses, yay me :D

#1 Cherry, plum, cherry, double bar

#2 cherry, bell, bar, triple bar

9. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Bar, Plum, Cherry, Bar

10. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

SPIN #3 Guess:

Orange-Plum-Cherry-Bell

11. ozleck77

ozleck77 Member

Waaaaaaahhh . . . . . . That was my 2nd guess. I posted after reading "You may begin posting your guesses for Spin #2 now. Good Luck!". I really don't understand the mechanics yet. oh well. Can I guess again?

Here's my guess #3:

(plum) (bell) (bell) (plum)

12. thecointrader

thecointrader Lurking Since 2006

Nope. Your 'perfect guess' was in Post #34. The results were posted in Post #47. Then you made a different guess for today's spin in Post #67. You didn't break any rule. You've done nothing wrong. You simply arrived a day early to the Jackpot Parade (you posted the right guess one day before those symbols actually came up. Guesses are only good for one spin).

13. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Orange Cherry Bar Bell

14. ozleck77

ozleck77 Member

Oh ok. This is fun! ! !

15. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

plum orange bell cherry

16. TexasTwister

TexasTwister Member

Okay, my first guess:

Bell Cherry Bell Bar

This contest will really get my OCD going...

17. Animosity

Animosity Member

Plum bell bar bell

18. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

cherry , bar , bell , bar .

19. eatranman

eatranman Member

Guess 1 cherry - orange - cherry - orange
    guess 2 orange - cherry - orange - cherry

20. LFCfan

LFCfan Member