show your best coins!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Coinfreak~24, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Coinfreak~24

Coinfreak~24 Active Member

post some of your guy's best coins, and we will vote to see who has the best coin

thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

4. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Parion, Mysia Silver Hemidrachm, SNG France-1380, SNG Von Aulock-7423, struck 350-300BC, 2.26 grams, 12.9 mm. VF

Obv: Gorgoneion head facing
    Rev: Bull standing left, looking back over shoulder with a bucranium beneath

Nicely centered and struck with deep antique toning adhering to both surfaces and some slight remaining deposits are noted on the reverse for accuracy.

Can you tell I like this coin? ;)

Phoenix :cool:

5. mark_h

Yep..I can tell. :)

6. Coinfreak~24

wow you guy's got some great coins

7. mark_h

Boy I wish I had that coin - it is leadfoot's coin. Nothing I post could compare to it. Others - Jack, Lehigh, Clembo, treashunt, spock, etc - have all posted better coins than I could ever post. So I kind of just voted for my favorite that I know about.

8. Coinfreak~24

9. jazzcoins

jazzcoins New Member

a fugio cent

Jazzcoins Joe

Attached Files:

steve.e likes this.
  10. Coinfreak~24

11. jetsetter

jetsetter Junior Member

1883 Hawaiian half dollar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe this is the rarest coin I own.

12. Coinfreak~24

13. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Well, I'm going to step out of bounds and post a pic of a coin that DJCoinz owns. I know I'm supposed to post a coin of my own, but I don't feel worthy! He posted it on another forum and it was so beautiful to me that I downloaded the pic. I hope he won't be upset with me :eek:, but it seems this is a good place to post it. This is one of those coins where you'd be sorely tempted not to take out a second mortgage to buy.....

[​IMG]

14. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I have some really nice coins in my collection, but at the present time I have to consider this the king of my collection. An unbelievably attractive rainbow toned 1897 Indian Head Cent proof. The following description is from my NGC registry type set.

Vivid shades of magenta, pink, and yellow envelop both sides of this beautiful coin. The reverse shows a very pretty swath of emerald green and the cameo effect on this coin is gorgeous. Both PCGS and NGC combined have only graded 9 cameo examples for this date from an original mintage of 1,938, and this specimen is the only cameo graded by NGC. This coin has population of 1 with two finer, and neither of the higher graded coins even approach this coin in terms of eye appeal. In a nut shell, this coin is the most attractive 1897 cameo proof in existence. (Images courtesy of ARC)

[​IMG][​IMG]

:D

15. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

A tough call, but here's four of my favorites:

[​IMG]
    Claudius AE sestertius, 41-42 AD

[​IMG]
    Constantius II AV solidus, 337-361 AD

[​IMG]
    Licinius I AE3, 319-320 AD

[​IMG]
    Philip I sestertius from Viminacium, 243-244 AD

16. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Generally not my kind of coin, but I'll make an exception for this one. :D

17. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

This coin is as cool as the other side of the pillow. That coin rocks! :bow:

Leif Erik Johansen likes this.
  18. snaz

snaz Registry fever

My main favorite coin is my avatar coin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And, this one is one of my favorites, Just a regular old Canadian cent, But the toning is out of this world, maybe a toned coins camera man can give me some pointers to catch the toning on my camera, it all seems to disappear on the 2.5" screen. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

capthank and Leif Erik Johansen like this.
  19. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

While not my most expensive coin, I like this one the best. From the long beach coin show this September. Arizona Jack was kind enough to find it and bid on it for me.

Attached Files:

capthank and bsowa1029 like this.
  20. mark_h

Very nice coin Harry! Love it.

21. Coinfreak~24

awesome coins!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted