Should This Listing Be Reported?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fiatfiasco, Apr 18, 2014.

1. fiatfiasco

fiatfiasco Nasty Details Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I'm not a gold collector but are you speaking of the fact that he listed the coin as XF and AU in a holder that doesn't list the grade. Furthermore, he shows the coin outside the holder. It does look like an XF or AU coin though.

4. fiatfiasco

Well. It says it is NGC MS63 and lists a certification number. Then it goes on to say that is XF-AU. Well, it cannot be both. What is stranger is that the cert# is for that exact coin that he describes, but doesnt show in the picture...

5. fiatfiasco

So, should it be reported?

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

What exactly about it bothers you? While the seller is clearly fluffing and asking very strong money, he's also trying to cover his behind with the "grading is very subjective" nonsense. This is typical ebay sucker fishing with dreck that could easily be had elsewhere for a price based upon what it really is.

7. fiatfiasco

My problem is that it lists an NGC Cert# AND grade of MS63 and isnt a certified coin.....by any TPG....

8. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I know I have from time to time reused a listing in turbo lister and have forgotten to remove data from a previous listing I am reusing... you might send him a note and ask...

9. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Why do you care?

10. BooksB4Coins

Oh.... I missed that; good catch.

Since the cert number just happens to match the date and type offered by the seller, and there does not appear to be any recent sales of such a coin by said seller I am not sure how it could be claimed as a simple mistake. Perhaps a friendly contact would be in order, even if only to gauge his reaction?

While not a big fan of those who take it upon themselves to police whatever they see fit, I do not believe reporting this one to be unreasonable.

11. fiatfiasco

I agree, but he has never sold one before.

12. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Yes, listing is misleading. He copied the cert number from this slabbed NGC coin.
    $T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJVdBQwPjgsi0!~~60_57.JPG

fiatfiasco likes this.
  13. fiatfiasco

Because I buy graded gold, and it popped up. It shouldn't have. Isn't that why the ability to report a listing is embedded in the listing??

14. fiatfiasco

WOW! How did you find that so fast. Amazing hackeresque speeds on the computer.

LostDutchman likes this.
  15. BooksB4Coins

rzage likes this.
  16. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

yes!

fiatfiasco likes this.
  17. fiatfiasco

WOW! THAT IS AN ACTIVE LISTING! SO I GUESS THE ANSWER IS IT SHOULD DEFINITELY BE REPORTED!!

18. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I say yes too . He should definitely take out the NGC stuff .

fiatfiasco likes this.
  19. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

The listed coin looks nothing like that. It looks like a details coin, personally.

JPeace$ and fiatfiasco like this.
  20. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

The last pic of the reverse looks harshly cleaned!!!

JPeace$ and fiatfiasco like this.
  21. Slider

Slider Member

Absolutely report it.

fiatfiasco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted