Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mike70wu

mike70wu New Member

As a Teller we are not allowed to take more than face dollar for money. I am sure she would appreciate a small gift card to Mcdonalds or something though if she routinely takes care of you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwcomm09

dwcomm09 New Member

So far my first time hasn't been so great. Went through $100 worth of halves and I think I got skunked. I don't know how to spot proofs though. Everyone says they're "better struck" coins, but I can't tell the difference between those and coins that just haven't been worn. If I can get good pictures, I'll post them. I've also gone through $35 worth of dimes and haven't found anything. I'll go through the other $65 tomorrow night. My neck hurts. Also, most of them look like proofs to me. Haha.

4. SorterX

SorterX New Member

Nice little haul.

I've seen the black/white wrappers on occasion (from BoA); mostly I get Garda boxes, with the yellow/white String wrappers. I got some loose BWR H's last week that were in brown/white wrappers... :scratch:

I think we should start a little photo library of all the different wrappers we come across, with notes on which armored company they came from (if known). :smile

5. anubis10111

anubis10111 Junior Member

this what i found. IMG_0430.jpg IMG_0431.jpg IMG_0433.jpg IMG_0434.jpg IMG_0436.jpg

6. anubis10111

anubis10111 Junior Member

SorterX I took a picture of the wrappers that I'm talking about as you could see on my last posting with my finds. I dont know who brings them but I make orders from Chase.

7. daship

daship Member

Great finds on the halves! I haven't found much in halves lately. I stopped by the bank today on a whim and picked up a box of nickels. I found 10 buffalo! Plus a '44P and a coin from Turkey and one from Singapore.

10 buffalo.jpg 44P.jpg Turkey and Singapore.jpg

One of my best nickel boxes so far!

8. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Nice finds today for some of the above posts! Congrats!

I got another box of halves today - Skunked!

However, I did finally sell of 170 of my Ikes. I got $225.00 for them all! That will provide me some extra dime or nickel searching in the near term.

9. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

daship, go back and get another box. I found 13 buffs in a box before, went back, got another, found 16 in the second.

10. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

I've been bringing bags of Twizzlers to my banks...you can get them for under $2 a bag. Too hot for chocolate these days!

You'll know when you get a proof by it's mirror-like finish. Also the mintmark will be "different." Use Google and search for Kennedy half-dollar and read the Wikipedia entry and learn a bit about the coins you are searching. :thumb:

I've seen those darker wrappers before. They've yielded silver.

10 buffs?? Wow. Quit while your ahead! Actually, go back and buy the rest of their nickels!

11. redskins

redskins New Member

1 box nickels
    2 1943-P silver
    1971 proof

12. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

16 rolls in two days and this is what I've found.
    2x 1945
    1x 1946
    1x1958D
    1x1968S
    1x1969S
    2x1970S
    2x1971S
    1x1973S
    1x1974S

13. zach24

zach24 DNSO 7070 71 pct complete

What Denom?

14. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

15. Merc Crazy

Cents, I'd bet a roll of silver dimes on it.

16. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

To late already answered

17. Merc Crazy

Pennies != Cents.

;)

I did a box of cents tonight, nothing earth-shattering, a couple RB wheats, a BU '64 and a BU '68-S.

18. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

19. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

But yes Lincoln cents.

20. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

I popped in at my favorite bank today, they had $14.50 in loose halves. Skunked. They also told me they have $75 in Ikes, rolled. I will snag those tomorrow when I get paid. Probably not going to be anything good in there, but maybe someone goofed and dropped a Morgan into one of those rolls!?!? Wish me luck.

21. Merc Crazy

Rolled ikes? Fun. Ya never know what you'll find, I hope they're solid rolls of Morgan and Peace dollars with ikes on the ends. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted