Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Totals since I started May 18th

So - technically today marks the end of Month 2. Actually I started on May 18th, but 2 weeks of July were a waste as I was on vacation and out of town for business. Now I can record my totals on a monthly basis. Here are my finds to date (I can't tell you how much I've searched as I don't keep track, but I'm about 3.5 boxes of halves and 7-8 boxes of dimes a week):

[TABLE="width: 289"]

Coin

Year

Qty

Walking Liberty

[TD="align: right"]1945
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]1
    [/TD]

Franklin

[TD="align: right"]1952
    [/TD]
    [/TD]

Kennedy Half Dollar (90%)

[TD="align: right"]1964
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]10
    [/TD]

Kennedy Half Dollar (40%)

86​

Washington Quarter

[TD="align: right"]12
    [/TD]

American Silver Eagle

[TD="align: right"]2007
    [/TD]
    [/TD]

Roosevelt Dimes

77​

Mercury Dime

4​

War Nickel (1942-1945)

1​

Canadian Silver Dime

1​

[/TABLE]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Some nice totals there Ace. I'm about where you are at with halves. I'll post my 4 month totals after 8/16, that puts me at the 4 month mark.

No roll searching for me this weekend, but I should have a box of halves coming tomorrow.

Also on a side note I did score a 1923 British Shilling (50% Silver/50% Copper) at a antique store for $1. Spent $10 total on other older (pre-1940) foreign coins (10 total coins), but this one turned out to be the only one with Silver in it. The rest were mostly just big British Copper Pennies and half pennies.

4. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Did more cashing in this weekend than searching but...
    Box of dimes - 1964 Roosie in the begining of box so I thought it might be better, not so
    $100 more in dimes - another 1964 Roosie along with a 5 pence
    $30 halves - skunk
    $7.50 halves - skunk
    HOTN

5. Hellofthenorth

ACE,
    I'm amazed at how much silver you find in the reject slot. You should keep a spreadsheet for just reject bin finds they're so plentiful! Beleive me I check every time and they are always empty.
    HOTN

6. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

If anyone is near a TD Bank - the best time to dump is the weekends. They say a lot of people come in then to cash in coin. I think more and more people are doing it as times are hard. Most don't realize they have silver coins. It's also a matter of luck too.

7. Hellofthenorth

It could be that the machines in my area do not reject silver? The TD banks around me have BLACK Penny Arcades, if that makes a difference. I dumped some rolled coin on a TD sans Penny Arcade, maybe they will get one soon if I keep dumping there.
    HOTN

8. dwcomm09

dwcomm09 New Member

Hey guys! I'm doing my first real search today! All I've done in the past is one roll of halves and I came up empty. Anyway, I'm staying at my girlfriend's for a couple days and she works a few hours at night leaving me with a lot of time on my hands. So I stopped by her bank a little while ago and asked about CWR's of dimes and halves and the teller looked a little confused. Then she looked and when she came back, asked how much I wanted. I only had $200 on me so I got $100 of each. I asked her if anyone ever comes through and asks about these rolls and she said she hadn't seen it. I'm very excited and it is going to be tempting to open these things up before she leaves. Wish me luck!

9. Hellofthenorth

I say Tear them open!!! I have 1.5 hours until lunch, someone should be searching if it can't be me.
    HOTN

10. dwcomm09

dwcomm09 New Member

Haha! I'm dying to, but I'm helping to babysit and I think it might be a little rude... I forgot to mention this, but the teller also let me search through about $25 worth of loose halves while I waited for them to bring out my rolls :)

11. Hellofthenorth

Stopped by my local bank to make a deposit and while I was there I asked in they had any CWR dimes. All the BWR they have are solid 2011P's. They had $30 worth which produced 1 1964 Roosie! One roll only had 49 dimes and a 1982 cent, I'll take that seeing I was able to score the Roosie.
    HOTN

12. Hellofthenorth

Asked for half dollars while I was there and was told "no". I could clearly see $2.50 worth of clad in her tray, so she must have known I meant the silver kind....ha ha. Do they not want to give them up or do they not have a clue what's in their trays? Maybe she thought I meant rolls of half dollars? Anyway, I did not make a stink because she is one of my go to tellers and knows the drill when I go in there.
    HOTN

13. redskins

redskins New Member

first roll of nickels 1943 silver nickel

14. Noobismatist

Noobismatist Junior Member

Bad start to the week, I picked up those $900 in halves every single roll was all Bicentennial :mad:! And a box of dimes zero silver in there too :(

15. SorterX

SorterX New Member

Ouch.

16. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

:( Ugh. $150 in halves, skunk.
    The bank I went to has $650 more in halves though. Do I try those out or no?

17. mike70wu

mike70wu New Member

I bought $80 dollars in halves and found 1-1964, 1-1967, 2-1968, and 1-1969. I thought that was a pretty good take.

18. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

Since it was payday, I picked up $10 in dimes at the bank (it's all they had, no halves either *le sigh*). That's only two rolls. Found a silver 1954 dime ^_^ in pretty good condition too.

19. SorterX

SorterX New Member

That's a very nice find!

20. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

A teller saved some halves for me, $2.50 face of 40% silver. I offered her more but she declined. They are 1969-D x2, 1968-d and 1967-D x2

21. anubis10111

anubis10111 Junior Member

I went to pick up two boxes of halfs that i had ordered and found two proofs a 1977s and a 1992s plus 15 silver coins.
    1967x6
    1968x4
    1969x1
    1966x1
    1964x3
    best boxes so far. but is weird that all the coins i found them in one box with the yellow/white wrappers, cause the other box was all black/white wrappers first time seeing those. will post pics.

Draft saved Draft deleted