Ptolemy III zeus with eagle reverse: 246-221 BC

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by marbury518, Apr 16, 2014.

1. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3570.JPG
    Picked these up in a group today.........guess condition isn't great and these larger coins weigh 85g and 98g but the smaller at 43.9g has excellent detail but the green is hiding it..........leave it as is or can I do anything or is it worth sending to NCS? IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3573.JPG IMG_3574.JPG IMG_3575.JPG

randygeki, stevex6 and chrsmat71 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

nice big ptolemy coins. man, those heavy even for these thing..how big are 80+ g coins?

they look good to me, as long as none of that green stuff comes off with a light fingernail rub, i think you're fine.

4. TIF

TIF Always learning.

5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Man, I've been wanting some these big boys. Congrats.

6. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

The smaller coin with the detail does have powdery green stuff.........would love to get rid of it to see what's underneath.........market value for all three please?

7. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Just bought the ingredients to get rid on the BD...........many thanks........marbury

8. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Great coins! Good luck treating the BD. I think the coin will com out ok. The BD does not look to be that advanced.
    Great link Bing!

9. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Went baldly wrong and turned the coins orange............ahhhhhhhhhhhh

10. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

*rats*

... man, that's too bad ...

yah, the ol' BD is really a reason not to shoot towards these sweet AE coins, eh?

=> but man, "if" they don't have bronze disease, then the big AE bronzes are by far the coolest coins in "my" personal opinion (there is nothing cooler than a big, bad AE bronze!!)

... but yah unfortunately, the orange ones aren't that cool ... I'm sorry to hear that your treatment went South!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  11. chrsmat71

orange?! what did you use?

12. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

13. chrsmat71

oh, ok...i think i saw the coins. it looks like the BD just damaged the coins down to the metal probably.

14. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

whats your ebay ID? I may have a bid...

15. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

marbury518

same as here

16. muhab

muhab Member

Draft saved Draft deleted