New $100 note with fancy serial number

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by MrCheeks, Feb 15, 2014.

1. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

So I was looking through the bills that my wife took out of the bank yesterday. Now I always look through every bill I come across and hope to find something worth while. Well to my surprise I saw the $100 with serial number LJ 24232423 A. I was wondering what the value of something like this would be, other than the obvious $100. 100.jpg

Cmcart likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Unfortunately there's nothing particularly special or valuable about that serial number. Sorry.

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Um...it's a repeater?

Probably not going to add a ton of value to something that's already worth $100 face, but I'd think it'd at least carry enough of a premium to make the note worth trying to sell (provided that it's CU, which it appears to be?).

5. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Totally missed the repeater. Haha. Perhaps $10 to $20 over face. Its not going to make you a whole lot of you sell it online, due to auction fees and shipping.

6. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything crazy out of it. I thought it was neat and have never seen an interesting serial number just pop up. I may keep it just to have an interesting serial number in my collection. It is CU with no visible issues that I can see.

7. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

It is something to put away for a while if you can. Your best bet if you want to cash it out now is selling to a fellow coin club member if you belong to a coin club or even post it in the for sale section here.

8. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

Nice repeater :cigar:

Draft saved Draft deleted