Most over rated coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by stainless, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Morgans and saints, any slabbed ms or pr 70 modern coin.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

My legal counsel has advised me not to respond to this thread. :D

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Here Jack, I made it more familiar to you so you know someone hasn't taken over my keyboard.

ΕΝΤΑΞΕΙ - ίσως I' ll βήμα ένα toe σε αυτήν την διαμάχη βλάστησης. Με επιτρέψτε να σας πω το Δαβίδ που Ι don' το τ όπως σας, αλλά εσείς τονίζει έγκυρο που αξίζει και που I' το μ έκλινε να συμφωνήσει με, αν και σκέφτομαι να λείψω σας μια έγκυρη, μη-ψευδής αγορά δυναμική. Τα νομίσματα που είναι μπορούν καταρχάς να αντιμετωπισθούν όπως υπερτιμώντας στην αγορά. Και αυτό το επιχείρημα είναι πολύ ισχυρότερο δεδομένου ότι συζητάμε τα νομίσματα κρατών μελών και PF 70. Και ως γυμνό μάρτυρα αστεριών, we' το VE είχε αυτό το επιχείρημα, μερικές φορές για τις εβδομάδες σε έναν χρόνο. Έριξα σχεδόν 15 ανθρώπους στο μου αγνοώ το κιβώτιο μιά φορά σε μια σειρά των συζητήσεων που περιλαμβάνουν αυτό το ίδιο το σημείο. Αλλά εδώ είναι όπου εσείς δεν κάνει μια καλή ανάλυση. Είναι εξ ολοκλήρου άσχετο ότι μπορείτε να έχετε 1000 νομίσματα ή ακόμα και δισεκατομμύριο ακατέργαστα νομίσματα του ίσων βαθμού και της ποιότητας όπως νομίσματα με τη λιγότερη τιμή εμπορίου, και εάν το αρκετά αγαθό σας, ίσως ακόμα περισσότεροι βαθμολόγησε στενά. Υπάρχει μια νόμιμη τιμή εμπορίου στις πλάκες οι ίδιοι και εκείνη η αξία δένεται στο βαθμό ακρίβειας και εμπιστεύεται ότι η συλλέγοντας κοινότητα βάζει στις εκβάσεις της διαδικασίας βαθμολόγησης που το TPGs κερδίζει με την πάροδο του χρόνου. I' μ ένας τεράστιος κριτικός του TPG' σύστημα του s. Σκέφτομαι ότι είναι πάρα πολύ αυθαίρετοι, και παρά τον τεράστιο, και σημαίνω τεράστιο, το ποσό πείρας, την εκπαίδευση, και το δίκαιο mindedness που το TPGs να έχει για τη βαθμολόγηση των νομισμάτων, ότι οι διαδικασίες τους δεν είναι ακόμα επαληθεύσιμες αρκετά, ούτε καλά τεκμηριωμένες, ή καλά κατασκευασμένος αρκετές για το πλήρες satisifaction μου. Θα είχα μάλλον τη λιγότερη πείρα και μια επικυρωμένη διαδικασία σε ισχύ όπου οι επιχειρήσεις μπορούν να μου πουν ότι μέσω της αυστηρής δοκιμής ότι οι βαθμοί τους έχουν αποδειχθεί, όταν επιβάλλεται ο κατάλληλος ποιοτικός έλεγχος, για να παραγάγουν τους αξιόπιστους βαθμούς μέσα συν και μείον X% το βαθμό δεδομένου 9X% ή του χρόνου. Αυτή θα ήταν έπειτα μια τέλεια και πλήρης περιγραφή του βαθμού. Εντούτοις, και αυτό είναι ΤΕΡΑΣΤΙΟΣ ΤΕΡΑΣΤΙΟΣ ένας ΤΕΡΑΣΤΙΟΣ εντούτοις, ακόμη και με 1 δισεκατομμύριο ακατέργαστα νομίσματα ίσα με τα νομίσματα TPGed, υπάρχει ένα τρισεκατομμύριο περισσότερο που είναι ελαττωματικά ή misgradable, ή ειδάλλως όντας σε θέση του χειρισμού από τους πωλητές για να είναι υπερβολικά δείγματα, και ότι μια απέραντη μεγάλη πλειοψηφία ακόμη και των μορφωμένων συλλεκτών θα ήταν παραπλανήστε ενάντια στα ενδιαφέροντά τους για τη διαπραγμάτευσή τους στην αγορά. Ο βαθμός στον οποίο το TPGs, που είναι PCGS, και NCG, και ΊΣΩΣ κατά περιόδους ANACS ή PCI, προσθέτουν τις πληροφορίες αγοράς για ένα νόμισμα και έπειτα αποτελεσματικά τοποθετούν εκείνο το νόμισμα μέσα όπως ο τρόπος σε κάψα ότι οι πληροφορίες είναι πιθανό να παραμείνουν έγκυρες για μια μεγάλη περίοδο του χρόνου, είναι μια σημαντική, εάν όχι κρίσιμη, πρόσθετη αξία που το TPGers παρέχει στην αγορά και για την οποία οι άνθρωποι πληρώνουν δικαίως. Δεν υπάρχει τίποτα ψευδές για αυτό, και η υπηρεσία έχει τη γνήσια αξία που αξίζει τα πραγματικά χρήματα. Έτσι, παρά αυτό που ο καθένας λέει, και του είναι μια έγκυρη δήλωση, αυτή μια πρέπει να αγοράσει το νόμισμα και όχι την πλάκα, ακόμα η αγορά σας της πλάκας με το νόμισμα. Και αναμείνετε να πληρώσετε για το. Επιπλέον, εάν η εξέτασή σας ένα εύλογα πολύτιμο νόμισμα που είναι ακατέργαστο, για παράδειγμα μια δεκάρα υδραργύρου 1916-δ, ή ακόμα και MS66 ο τύπος που Ι SLQ μου τέταρτο, εσείς καταριέται καλύτερα καλά έχει Bowers' και Pratter' το επίπεδο του s προηγμένης εκπαίδευσης σε εκείνο το νόμισμα, και 10x δυνατότητα Hobos στις πλαστογραφίες σημείων και πειραγμένος ή καθαρισμένος νομίσματα προτού να ρίξετε έναν δροσερό μεγάλο 2 καταριέται το νόμισμα. Επειδή βρίσκω ότι που ακόμη και τα μέσος-διατιμημένα ακατέργαστα δολάρια ειρήνης είναι σε αυτό το σημείο ιδιαίτερα επικίνδυνη πρόταση και τρεις φορές I' το VE έφερε ποια σκέψη Ι ήταν εξαιρετικά δολάρια ειρήνης σε τιμές ασφαλίστρου από έναν αξιόπιστο έμπορο και όπως τους σωρούς και τους τρεις χρόνους που τα νομίσματα ήταν υλικό σακουλών για μεταφορά πτωμάτων. Τώρα, I' μ που δεν μιλά για CAC. Αυτό είναι ολόκληρο ένα διαφορετικό επιχειρησιακό πρότυπο που Ι don' το τ θέλει να πάρει εδώ. Και είστε τώρα ευπρόσδεκτοι στη φλόγα μακριά σε με σύμφωνα με κανονικό. Αυτά τα μηνύματα έχουν σφραγιστεί τώρα με το CEO μου γραμματοσήμου του Μπρούκλιν και I' το μ βέβαιο Spock είναι κάπου στο υπόβαθρο για τώρα σε με Ruben

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

or how about in English again

ALL RIGHT - perhaps I'? ll step this toe in conflict of vegetation. Me you allow to you I say David where I don'? the t as it stresses to you, but you valid that deserves and that I'? the m tipped the scales it agrees with, even if I think of being absent you a valid, not-false market dynamics. The currencies that are can firstly be faced as [ypertimontas] in the market. And this argument is much more powerful since we discuss the currencies of member states and PF 70. And as naked witness of stars, we'? the VE had this argument, sometimes for the weeks in one year. I threw almost my 15 persons in ignores the box a time in a line of discussions that includes this same point. But here it is where you it does not make a good analysis. He is entirely irrelevant that you can have 1000 currencies or even billion crude currencies of equal degree and quality as currencies with the less price of trade, and if the enough good your, perhaps still more marked closely. Exist a legal price of trade in the plates the himself and that value are tied up in the degree of precision and it entrusts that collecting community it puts in the results of process of marking that TPGs gains with the byway of time. I'? m a enormous critic of TPG'? system s. I think that they are too much arbitrary, and despite enormous, and I mean enormous, the sum of experience, the education, and fair mindedness that TPGs to have for the marking of currencies, that their processes are not still verifiable enough, nor well argued, or well manufactured enough for complete satisifaction my. I would have rather the less experience and a ratified process in force where the enterprises can say to me that via the strict trial that the degrees to them have been proved, when is imposed the suitable qualitative control, in order to they produce the reliable degrees in plus and minus X% the degree of datum 9X% or time. This would be then a perfect and complete description of degree. Nevertheless, also this is ENORMOUS ENORMOUS one ENORMOUS nevertheless, even with 1 billion crude currencies equal with the currencies TPGed, exists one trillion more that is defective or misgradable, or otherwise being in position the handling from the salesmen in order to they are excessive samples, and that a immense big majority of even educated collectors they would be you will mislead against their interests for their negotiation in the market. The degree in which TPGs, that is PCGS, and NCG, and PERHAPS at periods ANACS or PCI, they then add the information of market on a currency and effectively place that currency in as the way in capsule that the information it is likely they remain valid for a big period of time, is important, if no critical, additional value that TPGers provides in the market and for which the persons pay fairly. Does not exist nothing false for this, and the service has the genuine value that deserves the real money. Thus, despite what each one says, and his is this valid statement, should buys the currency and no the plate, still your market of plate with the currency. And expect to pay for. Moreover, if your examination a legitimately precious currency that is crude, as an example one dime of mercury 1916-[d], or even MS66 the type that my I SLQ fourth, you does curse better good does have Bowers'? and Pratter'? the level of s advanced education in that currency, and 10x possibility Hobos in the counterfeitings of points and teased or cleaned currencies before you throw one cool big 2 curses the currency. Because I find that even the medium-[diatimimena] crude dollars of peace is in this point particularly dangerous proposal and three times I'? the VE brought who thought I was exceptional dollars of peace in prices of premium from a reliable tradesman and as the piles and the three years where the currencies it was material of sachets for transport of corpses. Now, I'? m that does not speak for CAC. Is this entire a different operational model where I don'? the t wants it takes here. And be now welcomed in the flame long in with according to regular. Have these messages been stamped now with my CEO of stamp of Brooklyn and I'? the m certain Spock is somewhere in the background for now in with Ruben

:)

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Coop is correct about the varieties and errors. What is even more irritating is all the albums included a spot for them and the average collector will never be able to fill those space which have no buisness even being there.

7. coop

coop Senior Member

Tommyc03: At least the blue tri-fold binder for Barber Dimes has a punch out space for the 1894-S Dime. Population=24. As if all collectors can fill that space. LOL I just checked my folder, on the older ones there is a space for it. On the newer folders there is a punch out space. I've never checked, but I bet there is a space for the 1913 V Nickel also. Population=5.

8. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

That stuff drives me crazy as well.
    I noticed your in Phoienix Coop....where?
    I'm in Dobson Ranch....Mesa

9. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

Lehigh, sorry for late response. I didn't read any of Reuben's threads on the topic, but I agreed with his point. I feel once CAC started coin grading became very conservative. I am sure the TPG's love to see the green footballs on their slabs. John is one of the original founders of PCGS and the founder of NGC so I am sure the those companies don't like a their coins being rejected. How does someone feel after spending 4 figures on a coin to have it rejected for CAC sticker when they paid let say an extra 10K for a "65" verses a "64" on that coin (I am not one of those BTW)? Some may see that as good, as maybe coins were being overgraded. I won't pay extra money for CAC, but I wouldn't complain about one either. I just think it's one more headache to add confusion to the coin grading process. Just my opinions. Not a big deal either way to me.

10. coop

coop Senior Member

Arizona Jack: North Phoenix area. Ever been to the coin show on the second Sunday of the Month at the Elks Club? I used to go there when I HAD money. I used to buy BU Rolls/tubes of Cents that I could afford then. They seemed to have dry so I quit going.

11. Arizona Jack

Funny subject for me. I have only sold 2 CAC coins, both were top notch and primo, above and beyond a " choice for grade"...One was a floor walker sale, the other on my website.

My opinion of CAC is neutral. For a beginnner? I think if you stick to CAC you wont go wrong. You'll pay a tad extra but remember,

average hurts more when selling than when buying.

Here is my CAC I sold on my website........

Attached Files:

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

FWIW it is worth, Ruben is spelled either "Ruben" or if you want to use the Jewish phonetic of my name that is good also Reuvain ראובן

13. Arizona Jack

I set up there every month !!! PM me before you go. I'll have what you need.

14. Arizona Jack

I prefer a Ruben in Los Angeles. Canters Deli with a Sam Adams and some primo horseradish....extra pickles ( Kosher of course ) Potato pancakes on the side.....

Ask Clembo. We been there , done that, lol.

15. coop

coop Senior Member

Even Third party graders make mistakes and some of the counterfit ones coming from China are getting fake holders with the big name graders on them. So buy the coin and not the plastic. If your not sure it is real, pass till you know what a real one looks like.

16. Leadfoot

I tend to agree with you that the issue is overpriced, but never underestimate the power of 1 year type coins.

17. Leadfoot

I didn't listen. :D

18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

You have been dabbling in the dark side again...

19. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I am surprised that Mike didn't show up for the IKE bashing that was going on earlier.

20. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Since when is Mike an Ike basher? I didn't know that. I would have made a more legalistic argument then :)

Ruben

21. Andrew67

Andrew67 Clueless

I see your spell check still doesn't work.

Draft saved Draft deleted