Ludicrous eBay Listing - Sold.. the buyer will regret it big time!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by paddyman98, May 14, 2024.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hello everyone,
    We were following this obvious altered Cent on @JCro57 Facebook page on Mint Errors. Some members and even I messaged the seller to inform them that the item in question was not a mint error of any kind.. it sold earlier today for over $400.00
    :facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::sour:.. 21 Bids :bored:

Screenshot_20240514-093700.png

It's a vise job!
    Edit* It was not an item for sale by Joseph Cronin. Someone misunderstood my post.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    71Avalon, dwhiz, Neal and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

It's a crying shame. 1532319-3e00c060fee1126062890dadf5456f8e.jpg

71Avalon, dwhiz and paddyman98 like this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Let's hope it was a knowledgeable "buyer" who will set the seller straight.

71Avalon and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Wow.

71Avalon likes this.
  6. J-Man

J-Man Junior Member

Looking up the listing I see nine people dodged a bullet and canceled their bids during the auction. Four or five lined up to jump off the cliff

71Avalon likes this.
  7. 71Avalon

71Avalon Well-Known Member

What's sad is I occasionally try to inform ebay of misleading items like this and they almost never take them down. I even go into detail about what exactly the issue is, hoping to save someone somewhere from getting ripped off and they don't care! :banghead: This is disgusting behavior on ebay's part. Money over honesty is what ebay is about I guess. :(

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ebay does give 30 days for the recipient to decide about the coin after it is received
    and they can return it for full refund,

I have done this for several coins over $300. I think they do not want the responsibility to decide and leave it up to the buyer to research and decide. It is not their coin , they are just the middle man,

71Avalon likes this.
  9. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

It's very possible that a shill bid won it. See if he relists it at a later date. I see this type of thing very frequently with 3rd Gen Trans Am GTAs and the parts for them on ebay. Shill bid is placed in hopes that someone will outbid. When it doesn't happen, POOF, the item is relisted again at a later date.

71Avalon and SensibleSal66 like this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

To a collector it’s an obvious fake. But how many new members to we have that ask “What’s it worth”?

71Avalon and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. 71Avalon

71Avalon Well-Known Member

I wonder what the percentage is between the amount of people who are trying to cheat someone as opposed to those who honestly may actually think they have something valuable.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I know. It really makes you wonder.

71Avalon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted