Look what just made my heart skip a couple of beats !!!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by scottishmoney, Apr 24, 2014.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Yesterday I found a 1903 IHC in $25 worth of cents from my credit union. Something has been going on lately, Barber dimes in the coinstar machine, a Merc yesterday in the coin machine. The other day I got $50 in CWR cents from another branch of the credit union that have been sitting in the dining room waiting to be searched because I was too busy with work. So a slow night and don't have to be up as early in the morn I decided to peak at the rolls:

Here was the little darling in the second roll I broke open....

[​IMG]

IHC's I have found about 17 of them since 2010, never ever thought I would see a CN, let alone an FE. This is in miserable shape - but it is my new record for the oldest coin found roll searching and my first FE cent. The credit union tellers are going to have a better than the usual treat for my finds this time. Thinking they may have to have lunch.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Go at once to Las Vegas and play the slots!

Chris

green18, josh's coins and spirityoda like this.
  4. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Get 'em an extremely large pizza for a lunch feast, and pay the pizza guy to add Lincoln's profile in extra pepperoni. They will NEVER forget. (Take a photo before you turn 'em loose)

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

wow a FE Flying eagle wow great luck. not found 1 of those yet. my girlfriend Jenny found her 1st 1882 IHC last time we searched pennies.

NOS likes this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Wow. Who cares what shape it is in. That is a great find! Congrats!

NOS, bugo and spirityoda like this.
  7. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

8. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

10. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

It looks to be in pretty decent shape to me.

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I am still pinching myself to see if this is real. I thought when I found the 1874 IHC a few months ago I had really seen the elephant.

bugo likes this.
  12. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I was happy to find a 1893 penny in a roll. Your find blows mine away.

13. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

A FE cent! wow!

14. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

I actually got a very similar looking 1858 FE in change from the school lunch room some 40 years ago. It was shocking even back then!

15. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I have since found a 1900 penny which still pales in comparison to yours.

I did recently acquire a flying eagle penny, but from a coin shop and not from circulation. It is my first one from the series. I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sportpak and NOS like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted