look at this chinese fake coin company website

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by moonjosh, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

If the Chinese value the life of a child this way, do you think they care about violating the Hobby protection act law ?

that is my point.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Agreed. For Doug21 to say China is "messed up" because of this one video is ludicrous. Don't people realize the same absurdities happen in the U.S. and every other country? And as NOS states, it doesn't belong in this thread.

4. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Don't you understand they are NOT violating the HPA?

5. rush2112

rush2112 Junior Member

Why all the negative comments are about the Chinese?
    I don't hear much about the U.S.A made, fake, tungsten filled gold bars, sent to China, several years ago.
    fort tungsten.jpg

6. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

that wouldn't happen even in Detroit.

7. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

link ?

8. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

9. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Videos like that are easy to dummy up. Some are really quite good. That one isn't even realistic.
    Lance.

10. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

That's why AOL had it up on their homepage. Nothing but tabloid reporting if you ask me. To condemn the Chinese for that is ridiculous.

11. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

From what I see in this thread is that there are a lot of Chinese lovers who simply do NOT care that what they do is wrong for the benefit and enjoyment of the hobby. The fact that many people do collect these junk (copies and counterfeits) makes the hobby not worth following or enjoying because IMO, it is those who collect the junk and support the Chinese who kill the true meaning of the hobby.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't have anything against the people who collect them because they can't afford the real thing. However, it is a fact in me that you are the ones who support the Chinese by buying them and giving them money to keep making the junk and basically creating issues with those who really would like to become a coin collectors.

It is you who support the Chinese who helps create those eBay sellers who pass this junk as authentic which in return give those unsuspecting newbies to buy and learn then that they have been scammed, feel robbed and have a bitter taste towards the hobby. I for one will never support them and will advice as many as I can to stay away from them but as always, people buy what they like even if it's Chinese junk, counterfeits or copies.

12. rcastoro

rcastoro New Member

I hope everybody enjoys this persons Fake - Made in China coins... It should fit well with the rest of your pokemon lunchboxes

13. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Hey... leave pokemon out of this LOL.

14. Randy_K

Randy_K Love them coins...

Chinese law makes reproducing Chinese coins made before 1949 (before the People's Republic of China) perfectly legal and makes reproductions of coins of other countries, regardless of the date, legal as well. In China, Jinghuashei is following the letter of the law. It is what happens to them once they make their way to the USA that becomes significant, however, the USA cannot impose US law on foreign soil on a Chinese citizen abiding by that country's laws. As noted before, selling them as real, committing fraud, is when they become a crime and that is generally committed in the USA as opposed to offshore. Importing them into the USA without the proper "copy" marking is also a crime but rarely enforced except for the most gregarious importer.

It is ethically wrong to import large numbers of fakes to be resold as the real deal as opposed to a few collector's items that won't resold or, if resold, be clearly identified as fake.

I like Jinghuashei's 1974 aluminum 1¢ and the 1943 copper 1¢. They would be cool to own. Will PCGS slab a fake?

15. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

For the love of God, has anybody besides myself actually read the text of the HPA or the posting that I made yesterday? Admittedly, I did not read what the law states until LindeDad posted a link to the stated language of the HPA. Randy got it mostly right except for the above quote but so many others on here seem to believe only what they want to believe and are not understanding what those of us with good English comprehension or sound critical thinking skills are attempting to convey.

"Per the quoted URL above, the exact words of the law are as follows:
    Sec. 304.6 Marking requirements for imitation numismatic items.

"(a) An imitation numismatic item which is manufactured in the United States, or imported into the United States for introduction into or distribution in commerce, shall be plainly and permanently marked “COPY”."

This stands out to me clear as day: "for introduction into or distribution in commerce,..." That says it all right there. Clearly, importing replicas for your own personal use and not spending them at a food store or distributing them without the word "COPY" is not illegal."

That's what I said yesterday but it appears to have flown over the heads of so many on here, I find that to be disturbing...

16. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

Some of you are forgetting, the "RULES" eBay makes you follow are eBay's rules, not the Laws of the USA, or any other country.
    Yes, they must act lawfully in each country they are "in". eBay makes their own rules, and their rules overrule the
    Legal Laws when doing something in question is perfectly legal. If doing that particular thing is Legal but against
    eBay rules, then it is not allowed by eBay!
    If eBay were to add to their rules, "replica coins are against eBay policy" then POOF they will be gone.

17. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Well, that's part of the problem. Most sellers show photos of replica coins with the "COPY" stamp, but ship unmarked copies. Here's eBay's rules regarding replica coins (note the last item... the bold lettering is mine. It's the key to the whole problem; add U.S. to the mix and the entire problem disappears):

Replica Coins

Sellers of replica coins must follow these guidelines:

Any replica coin (U.S. or foreign) must be clearly marked with the word “COPY”. This is required under
    U.S. law.

The listing must include a photo of the coin showing the “COPY” marking on the coin itself. Images that
    are dark, out of focus, edited or might be misleading aren’t allowed. Also, stock photos aren’t allowed.

In addition to including appropriate photos, replica coin listings must clearly state that the coin is a
    “reproduction”, “replica”, or “copy” in both the title and the description.

Sellers can’t list reproduction or replica versions of any Canadian coin or currency.

18. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

There you go.

19. Randy_K

Randy_K Love them coins...

Like any law, one has to read carefully:

304.6 Marking requirements for imitation numismatic items.

(a) An imitation numismatic item which is manufactured in the United States, or imported into the United States for introduction into or distribution in commerce, shall be plainly and permanently marked "COPY''.

The phrase "for introduction into or distribution in commerce" is the deciding factor as to if a replica needs to be marked or not. For personal use... no. I didn't read that sentence as exclusive.

When you expire and your estate is distributed to the wind, will your heirs be slapped with a violation of the HPA when they sell your unmarked fakes? They have been introduced into commerce.

BTW: The sale of any replica coin, whether stamped or not, is a criminal offense in Canada.

20. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Bingo.

21. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

As I have stated previously, all of my 2x2 replicas will be merged into a single "replica" album and I will keep a detailed list with my replicas so that everyone will know that the coins in my replica album are in fact, replicas. Please, don't get me started with Canada. While it may be a fun country to visit, they have so many draconian laws and policies that it makes me sick to my stomach. Regardless if they are marked or not, you would rather no one have the choice to have reproductions in their collection, huh? That is the impression I get by seeing some people on here stating that all replicas/reproductions are illegal in Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted