Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

For some reason I thought it s&b my bad your right they do. The way I keep buying all over the board I'm thinking more and more I should be a dealer not a collector tho

JPeace$ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

My dad brought his collection over the other night. I will eventually inherit his collection, in which the coins are loose in a fireproof box. I was looking through it and found a 1964-D half dollar. I told him it needed to be in a protector and asked him if I could take it. He said yes and I found six more 1964-Ds. I put them in cardboard holders and took them all home. I also put a few Morgans and a peace dollar he had in protectors. 7 1964-Ds isn't a bad little haul. Hopefullly it will be a long time before I get the rest of the coins.

JPeace$ and onecenter like this.
  4. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

My "pseudo" type set for Small Cents (colorfully toned examples). I realize that Proofs and Business Strikes are not really different types, but thought it was interesting to see the various permutations. (Now if I could only afford a Proof Flying Eagle!) All coins are PCGS graded as problem free and all coin images are resized PCGS TrueView photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

That's a very attractive presentation. You can include any and all of the coins you define as type pieces, without being constrained by a registry set definition.

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I found the BB HOF Silver Dollar (glove side ) very hard to photograph so I scanned it.
    img099-tile.jpg

Chiefbullsit, Paul_62, robec and 3 others like this.
  7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice!!!! I to just got my 3 coin set but have not opened it.They fit better in my safety Deposit box that way

8. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

My newest 2 Kennedy's.

Attached Files:

9. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg In today's mail my iPhone pics don't do it justice

10. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg And this one came with

11. Mainebill

The sellers pics earlier in the thread more like it in hand

12. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I should hate this because I hate modern American coins and I hate non-traditional coins but I can't help but to like this one. How much are they going for?

13. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Maybe not newly acquired, but newly shot...getting the hang of capturing better luster in my photos. This is a really nice 1909 VDB with great toning that I picked off ebay a while back for $20 shipped. In-hand, there are slight shades of purple/blue, and a nice mix of red that gives the coin a great surface look. :)
    1909 obv:rev.png

14. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Got this one today for less than $50. I thought it was a good price. It's my favorite coin design.

image.jpg image.jpg

15. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I LOVE seated quarters, well quarters in general, but most especially seated stuff.

16. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Mine too, nice!

17. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Today I went to the coin shop I brought back 1918-D, 1920, 1926, 1930-D, 1937, 1937-S, 1941, and two 1954 wheat pennies; 1969-S, 1978-S, and 1979-S proof nickels; 1962 and 1964 proof dimes; and a 1962 proof quarter. The 1979-S nickel is marked "type 1". I have no idea what that means so I'm going to get out the red book and load up Google and find out what it is. It was only 89 cents so I couldn't pass it up.

WingedLiberty likes this.
  18. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I acquired this half dime with arrows at the CSNS today. It's in an old PCGS holder. Basically, I went there for paper currency but was outbid at the Heritage auction. Six notes met my criteria but not my pocket book. Three others sold in my price range but didn't meet my criteria. I was up against more dealers than individuals, so I went on the bourse and bought something. P1010939.JPG P1010956.JPG

JPeace$, Chiefbullsit, jj00 and 10 others like this.
  19. Traz

Traz Card counter

Anyone care to guess the grade? It's PCGS and CAC'd...

[​IMG]

Chiefbullsit, jj00, onecenter and 6 others like this.
  20. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Excuse me while I pick me jaw up off the floor. :jawdrop:

How did you acquire that one??!?

21. Mainebill

Oh boy is that a beauty!! One I lack for my type set too I'm saying au-55

Draft saved Draft deleted