Let's see your newest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by H8_modern, Feb 25, 2011.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I'm very much a traditionalist when it comes to coins, but that one is just flat out cool. How much do they run? This is a modern coin that I wouldn't mind adding to my collection (I don't consider the American Silver Eagle a "modern" coin because the obverse is stolen from a 90 year old coin.)

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

The Half Dollar is still available from the Mint, all the others are sold out.
    You can buy them on the secondary market

5. Paul_62

Paul_62 Just takin' it one day at a time

I've been waiting patiently for this one to show up in my life

1952-S_sidexside.jpg

Chiefbullsit, mark_h, yKnot and 7 others like this.
  6. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice 1952-S Paul!!!!
    Some talk longer to find in Good shape.You sure Did!:)!

7. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Got this nice 16-S for $50 this past weekend.

1916-S_obv.JPG 1916-S_rev.JPG

Chiefbullsit, mark_h, McBlzr and 6 others like this.
  8. bluebird50

bluebird50 New Member

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Brain fart.
    Some take longer Paul.

Paul_62 likes this.
  10. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I got these bills in the mail yesterday. I bought them from a fellow forum member (Grim Reaper, I highly recommend him.) They're circulated but in fairly decent shape.

Series 1934-A:

[​IMG]

Series 1953:

[​IMG]

I bought these because my boss found a Series 1963 United States Note (red ink rules) and my mom found a Series 1950 Federal Reserve Note so I wanted to go for the trifecta. He offered both bills and I couldn't turn them down.

Chiefbullsit, mark_h, gbroke and 4 others like this.
  11. onecenter

onecenter Member

Very nice! You don't see silver certificates on any day of the week!

bugo likes this.
  12. robec

robec Junior Member

Some times good things come from unflattering eBay photos. These can be unforgiving to image, but the photo does show some great gloss.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Nice '61. My cutoff date is 1960 but I do save post-'60 pennies that are in exceptional shape.

14. Johntomk

Johntomk Member

Just picked these two up today. Pics aren't great. I took some quick ones with my iPhone. That's not a scratch behind franklins head it's actually just hair under the flip. Also just dust in front of his face. These haven't made their way into airtites yet. You can't tell for the photos but there would be FBLs but there a d*** bag mark going through them. Oh well. The ike is amazingly mark free.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attached Files:

mark_h, Effigy303, gbroke and 6 others like this.
  15. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Is that '73 Ike 40% silver? 1973 was my birth year and I have a '73 (I think it's an S) in 40% silver. Silver Eisenhower dollars are cool.

16. Johntomk

Johntomk Member

It's a clad '73 d. Only s mint mark business strikes were silver with the exception of a very rare '74 d that was accidentally struck on a silver planchet. I've grown to love Ike's.

bugo likes this.
  17. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I like big coins and rarely seen coins so the Eisenhower dollar is one of my favorites. I liked him as President as well (even though he was in office 20 years before I was born).

18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Back in March I was a bidder on this clad India one Rupee.
    I dropped out at $175.00.
    I am guessing but I don't think India had a easy time striking clad Rupees . MS 64+ is a high grade. The 1949 clad Rupee sold 5560.00 MS 64 Pcgs cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319-1.jpg cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319-2.jpg
    Wow
    :)

jj00, gbroke and LionelR like this.
  19. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

1861 3c silver (type 3) - that beauty arrived today... customs made me pay extra but I think it was worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NGC certified... maybe I'll not yet tell the grade but start a GTG thread instead ;-)

20. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

PS: pics are a bit dark, the trime is much brighter in hand and the blueish rim toning is stronger (and nicer)

21. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

You would need better pictures for GTG. Try moving back slightly. It appears the lens couldn't focus properly because you were too close. I have this happen when I am not in macro mode.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted