Just found going through tips I've been saving

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Coins1877, Apr 23, 2014.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I stopped eating Dunkin donuts for exactly that reason the SUGAR. to sweet for me.

Coins1877 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

OMG! that's crazy. I once had a guy order 50 sugars before.

This one guy used to get a large iced coffee butter pecan X cream & sugar whipped cream and drizzled butter pecan on top of the whipped cream. Everyday he ordered this. About half way through the summer the guy comes in and told me he had heart problems. now he drinks decaf.

The worst part of the job is giving the little kids munchkins and donuts etc... you are getting them addicted to sugar and it makes you feel in a sense like a drug dealer.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  4. Coins1877

Coins1877 Member

It's insane what people out into their bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spirityoda likes this.
  5. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Yes, it is a 2 kune coin from Croatia. The weasellike animal under the number 2 is a Marten. The Marten is found in Eurasia & North America. According to Wikipedia, the Marten is hunted for its fur.

All are cool coins worthy of keeping & beginning a World coin collection.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. Coins1877

Coins1877 Member

Thanks for the encouragement and the info. Might take me awhile to know what exactly I'm doing but I'm sure the excitement will keep me motivated. Thank you again :)

spirityoda likes this.
  7. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

i just like the coffee with cream.

8. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Collecting World coins teaches things like geography, economics, languages, politics, and history. Also, it is the only hobby where you can spend your last cent & still have money left over. Consider buying an inexpensive used copy of the Krause World Coin Catalog for dates 1900 to 2000. If you get the book, send me a private message & I'll mail you a free large batch of World coins that you can look-up in the catalog. Be advised, if you do this, you will become hooked on collecting World coins.

Coins1877 likes this.
  9. Coins1877

Coins1877 Member

Sounds like a plan! I agree that you could learn tons collecting world coins. I will look up the catalog now and order it. That would be so nice of you to do that, kind of shocking actually. Haha

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Can't beef about the coffee (Dunkin'). I take mine black and they make a quality brew. 7-11 don't do too bad too as well as (of all people) McDonald's.......

11. josh's coins

it depends on how long the coffee beans where sitting in storage. Sometimes it is years and the coffee tastes nasty by itself.

12. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I like their coffee black for hot cream only for iced I hate sugar in my coffee it's undrinkable for me then

green18 likes this.
  13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I do like their sausage egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches too I just about can't function during the summer without at least one giant Dunkin iced coffee mid afternoon I drink about 4-5 cups at home every morning but if I'm heading out on the road first thing I make one to get me to Dunkin (one less then 10 min any direction) and get a big one there I'm not a morning person :)

Coins1877 and josh's coins like this.
  14. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I strongly suggest that you purchase a used Krause catalog from any recent year (2013, 2012, 2011). The coin prices do not change that much & the coin information is the same as a new 2014 or 2015 catalog. Amazon has used 2013 books available for only $10. These catalogs are also available on Ebay. (I typically buy last-year's Krause books from dealers at shows which means I avoid shipping costs).
    IMG_5489 Cropped.jpg
    The first book you get should cover coins from the years 1901 to 2000. Here is a link to Amazon for the 2013 catalog:
    http://www.amazon.com/2013-Standard...&keywords=krause standard catalog world coins

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  15. Coins1877

Coins1877 Member

Ordered, now the waiting game.

16. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

The batch of World coins was mailed today. I hope that the folks here at CT will let you identify them yourself using your new book. IMO that is where the fun is at.

Read the pages at the beginning of your book before you dive into the coins. There is often a section entitled "Instant Identifiers". There is also a section that lists the countries that use a particular denomination. You can refer to those pages when you have trouble identifying a coin's country of origin.
    IMG_6485.jpg

P.S. You may want to first sort all the coins by country & then look-up the data in the book one country at a time.

17. Coins1877

Coins1877 Member

Sounds good. I really appreciate it and look forward to identifying all the coins you have sent. Thank you!

18. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Has anyone seen Coins1877 for a while? I sent him a complementary care-package of World coins in April but haven't noticed any further posting activity. He may just be at a different site but I hope he is still enjoying the hobby. I never got confirmation that he actually got the coins.
    IMG_6485.jpg

19. josh's coins

based upon the information coins1877 provided to cointalk I'd say that he is actually a she. She probably left this site after being bored or too busy with work. New members to CT usually don't stick around very long.

20. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I hope coins1877 remains enthusiastic about World coin collecting. Perhaps I should have sent coins1877 this 1877 cent coin.......:D &Hong Kong 1877 Cent.jpg
    Wish it was a USA 1877 cent.:D

stevex6 likes this.
  21. josh's coins

Yeah them 1877 IHC are pretty scarce. only seen 1 in my entire life in VG grade. I'll probably see more sometime in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted