I've had it with Ebay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cdc, Apr 21, 2012.

1. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Many do, but it would take a big starting capitol to be able to offer the same reliability as Ebay/Paypal. Plus to get the word out so that at least a somewhat comparable amount of potential customers will frequent the site.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I just had the same thing happen to me. A buyer bounced 3 rounds of paypal echecks and then he left me a negative saying "buyer beware, never shipped". I called ebay three times and they won't remove it. BS, plain and simple.

4. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

These are rainbow:

rainbow-coin-toning.jpg 43.jpg bd3e_2.JPG

5. Kryptonitecomic

Kryptonitecomic New Member

I have had about 11 buyers not pay me on Ebay just in the last month....I have never seen it so bad on Ebay and I can't leave negatives and their non paying strikes don't scare a church mouse. Then when i relist the items I wasn't paid for I get nasty e-mails from buyers who think I shilled my auctions and won the items back and relisted them...I can't fricken win and Ebay does nothing to help it's sellers......

6. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Most of the bin or bullion sales could be done directly to customer rather than having to go thru ebay. But it is shame with scams it is hard to trust anyone in the net so we are stuck with ebay.

7. EdS

EdS Member

Ebay started small... I was one of the first members of paypal when it started (back in the day, when yahoo auctions was the only real game in town)...

There is a niche open, waiting to be exploited. Will it have some start up cost? Sure... but word of mouth travels at light speed nowadays. I started my company at the kitchen table with a few hundred dollars 9 years ago.. and now we have grown into a well known company in our particular niche.

It can be done. However, understand... as long as there are bad sellers, and bad buyers... no new system will work. There is no perfect way to deal with the public at large.

8. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

And bad sellers/buyers exist in live sales/auctions no different than from online venues.

However, at least with the live sales, you don't have favoritism against the seller like you do with eBay/PayPal.

9. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Did they leave you negatives? The only way to stop them is to open an "unpaid item case". I think it's a load of crap that when someone commits to buy and never pays they can leave you a negative feedback. A seller feedback rating should ONLY be permitted AFTER an item is paid for!! I can't leave feedback for a buyer that hasn't bought from me yet.....it's bascially the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted