Its a crazy game these guy's play.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, Apr 13, 2014.

1. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I'm not so sure there are any shenanigans going on here. I pulled the HA auction discussed and looked at the original listing. It is definitely an older PCGS slab and it's the same coin. But, when I blow up the original slabbed image...it is obviously cleaned in the PCGS slab.

I wonder if someone thought "because it's an older PCGS slab" it would get an upgrade...so they cracked it out and resubmitted it. Obviously NGC decided it was too cleaned to grade.

Here are the HA photos.
    lf.jpg lf2.jpg

JPeace$ and medjoy like this.
  5. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I agree its the same coin. My point was the gamble of cracking it out and resubmitting is a dangerous game. I suppose it could be lucrative as well.

JPeace$ and CamaroDMD like this.
  6. CamaroDMD

I agree...it's a very dangerous game. I feel like a little common sense here would have saved them. But, I don't think "he tinkered with it and damaged it."

7. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

It does look like it's been cleaned between the auction on ha and this ebay auction.

And who in their right mind would throw $14000 at such an unprofessionally written ebay auction?

8. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

I think if you have a coin for sale that is that much money at least offer free shipping. This guy is charging $45 for shipping.

9. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

You plays the game, you takes your chances.

Truly, I do not know of a reason to crack this coin out of its PCGS holder unless the new owner felt compelled to simply have it raw or someone decided to "improve" the coin between visits to services.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

If he's on the level on what it sold for over on HA, he's sure takin' a beating on this coin (if it sells).

11. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

Seems like this person sells mostly details older coins. He didn't say that he was the one who bought it at auction.

12. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

I don't know how I missed Camaro's photos, but these are the H.A. photos I was basing my opinion on:

ha.jpg

ha2.jpg

It definitely looks cleaned between ^^^ these photos and the ones posted by Camaro.

13. CamaroDMD

I saw those too...and in those the coin didn't look cleaned. But, in the other HA photos (the photos I posted) I sure thought they did. That's why I didn't use those.

Draft saved Draft deleted